Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Combat mod?

Cast your vote in the poll above.

2/3 Majority required to keep the mod. Nothing is forever.
    Yes -- Keep It
    70.00%
    No -- Do Not Keep It
    30.00%

The poll is expired.

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Keep Combat mod?

does this mean keep it but not in rotation but active when low player count?
    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

The CO mod and maps could stay on the server if we took CO out of rotation. The CO maps wouldn't come up unless someone switched to them manually.

My plan was to remove all of it from the server completely (assuming the poll goes that way), but leaving it there for manual change-in wouldn't be too harmful.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

My biggest problem with combat is that the games are so long that even if the server gets full, I still have to wait 30 minutes or so before getting to a game of NS2. It's to the point that I won't seed the server if it's on a combat map. I'd be much more interested in trying out a different mod for low player counts that is more tuned towards short games like Last Stand, along with shorter times for map changes on those maps (or checks in between games to see if we have enough players to start a game of NS2). The main event on these servers should be NS2, not Combat.
        remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
          My biggest problem with combat is that the games are so long that even if the server gets full, I still have to wait 30 minutes or so before getting to a game of NS2. It's to the point that I won't seed the server if it's on a combat map. I'd be much more interested in trying out a different mod for low player counts that is more tuned towards short games like Last Stand, along with shorter times for map changes on those maps (or checks in between games to see if we have enough players to start a game of NS2). The main event on these servers should be NS2, not Combat.

I couldn't of said it better

Comment

I agree, any way to have the round timer be say 10 minutes? Or maybe enter sudden death when the player count gets high enough to go to a normal game?
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              The CO mod and maps could stay on the server if we took CO out of rotation. The CO maps wouldn't come up unless someone switched to them manually.

My plan was to remove all of it from the server completely (assuming the poll goes that way), but leaving it there for manual change-in wouldn't be too harmful.
              I accidentally clicked yes, but meant to vote no for the reasons blu.knight stated. I'd rather play combat on another server due to how long it takes to get to a regular map, plus if a bunch of people drop at the end of the map it goes back to combat...
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I can shorten the mapcycle time for seeding maps, whatever the non-NS mode. I'd have to write a mod to do it, but it wouldn't be hard.

Comment

Yes on keeping combat for low player count games, it works well for filling server. +1 on lowering the combat map timer to 10 min or so then afterwards checking the requisite player count to see if it should switch to NS2.
                  Last edited by aeroripper; 06-03-2013, 11:05 PM.
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

CO stays, then, and maybe we'll switch to (or add) another similar mod in the future (Last Stand, perhaps).

I'll write a mod that very quickly shuffles us to NS once we have enough warm bodies on the server.

Comment

Technically, we didn't achieve 2/3 majority (snoogums voted Yes by accident meaning the poll results are 13-7).

I'd be happy to try Last Stand instead of combat.
                      remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X