Build 249 [Beta] Can we get a server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build 249 [Beta] Can we get a server?

Not sure if you guys noticed the tweets on the NS website, but there is a beta 249 build up on steam with significant performance improvements with the move to LuaJit. Would love to see one of the TG servers go up with it, as it made a huge difference in fps\responsiveness on my old PC :D

Only issue is that people have to "opt" into the beta by right clicking on NS2 to join that server. This could be alleviated by adding "Beta 249 Opt In" or something to the server name. There seems to be a good amount of demand that people would download it to play on TG.

Relevant thread\tweet:

http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/beta-bu...ased-on-steam/

https://twitter.com/NS2

Thoughts?

EDIT: Didn't mean for the subject to sound so bossy lol, doesn't let me edit it.
    Last edited by aeroripper; 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Build 249 [Beta] Can we get a server?

Be cool!
    Last edited by Munra; 06-06-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I was gonna make a thread asking the same thing. It is greatly improved over build 248.

Comment

I've put in a request to our provider to have Chuckle upgraded to 249b.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Cool news!
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Chuckle is now running 249b.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

CO was throwing an error seemingly tied to the ExtraEntities mod used by CO, so I've removed CO from both servers (shared config) to accomodate the 249b testing.

Thanks to SamusDroid for the help figuring that out.

Comment

249B is a huge nerf to aliens because the game is so much smoother now.

Yes I'm kidding. But not really. ;)
                aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Chuckle is again running 248. Build 249 is scheduled for release midday 6/12.

Comment

249 is live it seems.
                    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...