Is gorge tunnels broken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is gorge tunnels broken?

I noticed an annoying strat, which seems difficult to counter as tunnels are given to aliens so early in the game. In a captains game someone brilliantly, yet annoyingly put a tunnel in a vent between two RTs, which were between two marina bases. This gave the mobile team an even greater advantage. Does anyone else see this being patched out in the near future? I also wonder what would happen if an onos or heavy tried to go through the tunnel and got put into the vent?

While I see this a creative strat, the continued use of it reminds me of the 3min Onos. It was fun or cool to do a couple of times, though it started to feel cheap. Granted possible counters would be boosting and there might be space restrictions on places in vents u can put a tunnel. Though does anyone else feel that this might turn out to be the next 3min onos? I guess only time will tell. I will admit I suggested using it the next captains game we had.

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Is gorge tunnels broken?

The problem is that gorge tunnels in vents has been against the rules in competitive play for months now, and it isn't a -super- popular strat to have offensive tunnels in public games, so a proper response to that situation hasn't quite been looked into yet.

If the placement is bad or open enough (like the tunnel above the walkway in landing pad on docking or cargo railings on veil), rushing GL's and squashing it would do the trick. Otherwise, I agree that a properly coordinated tunnel push can be incredibly hard to deal with. Your best bet is probably to treat it like an early, incredibly offensive Phase gate + sentry position, and try to have your team expand in the opposite direct or harass their RTs constantly to pull them away from the side of the tunnel near your base.

If they place two (four with entrance/exit) good vent tunnels on both sides of the map.... -shrug-.

Comment

I'd suggest they require tunnels be placed on infestation. You can also sneak a gorge tunnel many other places that marines can't get to (without jetpacks).

Comment

The vast majority of people don't use offensive gorge tunnels, I want them to be able to be put on ceilings and walls, I would love to set marine traps
        DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

hahaha I can just see a marine popping out of a gorge tunnel and falling straight into the smelting tank on refinery, or into any number of death pits.

Personally, I put the vent tunnels into the same category as semi-broken map spots, like the grates you can see but not shoot through containment that gorges like to hide and bile from. Those kinds of things I'm personally not going to do because it feels cheap, but not to the point that it's worth someone getting removed from the server over.
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

On a related note, yes they are broken, sometimes the line on minimap doesn't show and for a short period of time after the tunnel is killed, say in cargo, you can still go through it from pipeline for example and pop out the other side in cargo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X