new: sv_tempban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new: sv_tempban

Our NS1 "tempban" option is now available on our NS2 servers. All usages are logged. It's available to Temp Admins. Use responsibly.

Usage:

sv_tempban <player> <reason>

This bans players temporarily (15 minutes presently; might change). The user of the command does not specify the duration.

<player> is a partial name match, an exact NS2 match, or an exact Game Id match. All of these values are available for a player by executing sv_status from the client console.

Always cite a specific server rule in the <reason> field. You needn't use quotes.

Example:

sv_tempban wyz Respect other players.

Please only use this when nothing else will do. The inspiration scenario is that a player who insists on rejoining after being kicked and kicked again for rules violations needs a brief time out.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 07-04-2013, 02:40 AM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: new: sv_tempban

Big thanks to snooggums, who stepped up and contributed the code that eventually turned into this command.

He asked me to help him stand up a TGNS development environment, and he wrote code that didn't quite work (and he knew that) but that CLEARLY conveyed the logic, input, and output that needed to happen. We did some knowledge transfer, and then I put the finishing touches on it and deployed it to the servers.

If you're considering trying to contribute code for features we're wanting, know that it's all part of the fun to learn as you go. That's all I'm doing, and I love sharing what I know with people who are prepared to put in the time necessary to even potentially contribute. snooggums and I had some remote pairing (aka "screen sharing") sessions on TeamSpeak and TeamViewer, and it was fun.

Thanks again, snooggums. Here's to working with you on more code in the future.

Hopefully I didn't add any defects to your code along the way. ;)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It has been very enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to offering more.

Seriously, if anyone is interested in contributing it is a very well structured process and far more informative on how and why some approaches work than trying to look stuff up and wing it. Plus it is clear that it is a collaborative effort, where the ideas and approaches are discussed and implemented.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Good work snoog. This looks very user friendly as sometimes entering the right number, correct spelling of a wierd name can be very annoying.
        Lights Out!

Comment

Hurray!
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I've removed this command from the Admin menu on the server, since it should be obsolete as players kicked three times on the same map are now banned for two hours.

The command is still available to Guardians in the client console.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X