TG BT Mod?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG BT Mod?

Can we have a mod to balance out the broken end game? Could Marines have X amount of time after being fully tech'ed up to win the game or loose automatically? Last night we had another 50 minute game where aliens hit an end game wall that is imposed by the BT mod. After map changed everyone sat in the RR of ns2_docking talking about how the end game for aliens is a bit broken and the marines agreed. Their is the 500lbs Onos in room. The Onos which costs 84res vs the dual exo which is 60 res. While I don't mind the onos gorge nerf, I think carapace is ineffective save the skulk. In a counter attack with 5 onos we lost all but 2 after we just took out an exo push. Granted we attacked a base that has many perches for JP'ers to land on, I was just blown away that Onos is all but useless now. Also having marines require 2 tech points and aliens 3 for all the upgrades is also a little unbalanced for late game. We had most of the map with RTs, though they had 3 bases.
    Lights Out!

Re: TG BT Mod?

A couple of things that would work:

1) Bring back focus from NS1. This will help fades remain relevant in the late game.
    2) Carapace could use a boost after the 250 nerf, it was too much.
    3) Bone shield would make a nice addition tactically since the onos is usually the focus of late game rushes.

Marines can mega turtle now that they get almost full tech on 1 tech point now. Having a gorge or two with rushes for bile bomb is a minimum requirement to successfully win the alien late game.

EDIT: I think TG should keep the current gameplay until patched officially. I think build 251 has a couple of balance fixes in it.
    Last edited by aeroripper; 07-13-2013, 11:58 AM.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I mentioned on the uwe forums there should be a limit to how many of each you can have. 2 FT 2 GL 1 railgun 1 dual 3-4 gorges 2 fades 2 onos 2 lerk. Would stop the spam, lifeform explosions.

Comment

We'll not change gameplay as you've proposed. I've suggested to Marines teams (while we're turtling, certain to win) that we concede. I've yet to convince a team to do that, so 250 apparently isn't boring enough for enough people. It's certainly boring to me, in this late game, even if we're on our way to a loooooooong victory.

I was thinking this morning, while I did yard work: how much turnover do you have when you change a game from 25 minutes to 50 minutes (on average)? Different people have different tolerances in their lives for multiplayer games of various lengths (again, on average). I wonder, if games remain so lengthy on average.... what old friends will disappear, and what new friends will become regulars? It's a rhetorical question. There's no answer necessary, as we can't tell the future. I was just wondering.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

To be clear, I really enjoy 250 for the first 30 minutes of most games. I was skeptical about bringing BT mod into the title officially, and I'm glad they did. I'm happy to ride out the bumps. Bold move. Props.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

My first time comming Marine in BT and first time comming in months was tonight. We were getting owned hard, then we were able to get a foot hold and maintain 4 rez nodes, while the aliens had everything else. We just held our ground tech up and push forward. for 45-50mins of play it seems like a very hollow victory. I hope they fix carapace.
            Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X