NS2 Steam Trading cards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS2 Steam Trading cards?

Anyone else notice they have these "Badges"? What are the for and how do you get them? I seem to have a couple and I never had an idea I got them 0_o
    Lights Out!

Re: NS2 Steam Trading cards?

Steam's been rolling out the trading card thing over the past couple months, I think.
    NS2 only started supporting them recently. It's mostly just useless; getting card sets and crafting badges increases your Steam level, which nets you minor perks like larger friends lists, and the ability to use a tiny emoticon in chats.

You get half the set from simply playing the game, and it'll drop into your inventory. The other half is gained by trading, hence trading cards, or by buying them off the community market.
    You can also randomly get a "booster pack" that will have 3 random cards from the set, but I don't really know how it works. Suffice to say, it seems like the higher your Steam level, the easier it is to get these (and therefore, increase your Steam level further.)

Personally, I think it's just a gimmick that Valve cooked up to get users more attached to their Steam accounts, and also to make some money since they take a small portion of sales through the community market.

Comment

I live my level 5 badge, and cool emotes. Don't forget the awesome profile backgrounds too.

Comment

Apparently steam is striving to be a free to play grind fest.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

The idea is to create more reasons for people to interact via steam. They've been slowly adding more and more social features over the past year - they're hoping it becomes something central to many, like the cancerous facebook.
          Skud

Comment

I was rather upset when I had to finally break down and install steam just to continue to be able to play NS1, even if I am slightly proud of my join date now, but I do rather enjoy the perks of the service in recent times. A facebook clone however, I will resist for another decade.
            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X