I hate stock maps!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate stock maps!!!

Hey guys I'll try to keep this short and sweet, as the title states I hate all the stock maps. They've been whittled down (docking foremost) and have been over played (total of 5 maps). I there anyone out there that would be interested in playing new user created maps, not adding them into the rotation but being able to switch to then manually. If you're interested lemme know, change is the spice of life.

To my dearest Wyz, I know you're a busy man when it comes to coding. I have a challenge/request for you.

Would it be possible to add maps too the server on the fly? Or do the maps need to be downloaded to the server then the server reset and the new map/mod added to it.

My idea if this could work, would be a map like ns2_eclipse not currently on the server being put on mid game with a command such as sv_addmap ####### the #'s replaced with the mod ID from the ns2 workshop. The server can then download and install while the game continues or adds it when the map changes. All clients that are connected then download the map in the loading screen and presto changeo new map loaded into the server.

I think it would be awesome, if its possible I'd love to know. If you think it would be a practical idea I'd love to know that too.

Otherwise could we do another community vote to have a bunch of maps loaded onto the server that need to be manually switched to.

-Monty
    DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Re: I hate stock maps!!!

I play on a custom map testing server on Sunday's, if that expresses my love for community made maps enough. (Hence the SSC.Orphan Black)

ns2_tarvos is a GORGEOUS map that is mostly finished, and is the most beautiful map I have seen.
    ns2_kodiak is a map with custom models, nicely balanced(I'd say even more than stock maps most part) and is also gorgeous.
    ns2_redemption is finished IIRC and is also a beautiful map.

Sadly, people seem to have an aversion to custom maps.

Comment

Clandestine
      Goliath
      Skyfall
      Plant
      Redemption
      Tanith
      Tengu
      Triad

I think its because they dont have any stragities for them so the first couple times on the maps the teams are super disorganized. If people give them a chance (just like we did and continue to do with build 250/251) I think it'll grow on you.

Plus all the maps everyone else says.

All these maps will be added to the server but not in rotation. So we can just play when when we want to. ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Comment

Give me Steam workshop URLs for any map you want added. Though I'll beat it most of the time, I'm going to set the expectation of a three day lag time between links posted here and maps being available on the server (not in the rotation). I'll post here when each map is available on the server.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Can we get a sticky that clearly states what maps are available on the server? Maybe with a link to the workshop so we can download and check them out?

Comment

These are all on the server, not in rotation.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks for quickly adding all the custom maps, maybe once they get played a few times those of us that try them can leave some feedback on each map

Comment

I played one last night with a curved tunnel and curved hallways. And triplicately redundant gorge tunnels (ok actually that was just our fault). And DIRT. It was awesome.

Comment

I am so very excited now for these new maps, new strategies! ITS SO EXCITING, thanks for putting them on the server so quickly Wyz.

Comment

Looking forward to trying these, kodiak looks amazing!
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

IMO after playing all the maps again, all the maps but Kodiak and maybe skyfalls need to be removed as they are all brokenor just an utter joke.

Comment

Tengu just needs marine start reorganized and a couple textures added to make it look pretty. I think for the most part it's a pretty solid map

Comment

Perhaps we could have a "new map night(day/weekend, etc)". Once a week we try out a new map. This could be done on one server or both. Then conduct a poll and if it reaches 60% approval or some such number it gets added to the rotation.

Comment

There was one map that had a door that was halfway down. As exo's can't duck and Onos can that basiclly cuts off access for a good part of the map for a class that can't already use PGs. If that map still had that door, I highly advise we cease using it.

I love new maps, just prefer ones that don't have issues like the one above
                            Last edited by solarity; 08-06-2013, 12:13 PM.
                            Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X