X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8v8 or 9v9?

So I was browsing through this thread today:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...fect-size.html

What do you all think of trying out 9v9 vs. the current 8v8? Technically its 7v7 since both teams have comms that usually don't get out of the chair. Yay, Nay? Could be fun for a week or so?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: 8v8 or 9v9?

I like 9v9. Tbh I think the reserve slots is a bit aggressive. Heck the game isn't even balanced for public games.

Comment

I've always felt that the game was best balanced* at 8v8. 9v9 was the limit for me, and 10v10 started becoming one of those games where you just can't do anything without being spotted by someone. Past that, it becomes a game of throwing players at each other until one side relents.

*Of course, this was pre-250. Post 250, I can't tell anymore because the sides feel so inherently flawed to me.

Comment

From playing on bigger servers in previous patches I really don't like any thing more then 8v8. Haven't tried in this patch but I'm not a huge fan of changing the server size at this time, but I'll be happy to test bigger sizes if most of the community wants to try.

Comment

I've tried doing 10v10 and higher but it feels so broken, plus it encourages server side lag which just tends to drive people away. Apparently there's a server out there that suppose to be trying to do 24v24.

I really enjoy 8v8, but I'd be up for 9v9
          DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

I strongly prefer 8v8.

Comment

With too many people it will reduce oppurunity for a single person to effect the game. I think it can put to many cooks in the kitchen and make the server less coheasive.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing 9v9, though any bigger might be a bad thing. Maybe we could try it on the less popular server. Though this is unlikely as so many are against it and it is up to the admins disgression to take the feed back of it's members.

I don't mind playing on large severs for CO, though that is supposed to be a grind fest, while NS is I think is better for smal servers.
              Lights Out!

Comment

8v8
                Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

8v8 until they fix the reserve slots then let it be 8v8 plus 2 hidden available for a 9v9. ;)
                  aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X