Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network trouble to TGNS =(

This week I haven't really been able to play because of this:

Hops 9 and 10 have been consistantly dropping 10-20% of the packets I throw at it.

Anyone else notice lag spikes when no one else on the server is?

Anyone know who I should complain to about this? I sent an email to support at cogentco.com but I dunno if that'll be the right place to go...

Thanks!!
    sigpic

Re: Network trouble to TGNS =(

Contact your ISP and cogento and see if you can get a response from them. If not, and it continues, PM me with as much data as you've gathered. I'll contact our server provider and see if they have any pull.

This is the worst possible scenario. The problem lies with a provider you're not a customer of.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Here's the reply from cogentco:

Code:
      Traceroute shows the return time for packets from each node on the path to the destination. The high times and/or dropped ICMP requests you are seeing on some nodes are just specific to those nodes. They are largely due to the low priority which traceroute responses receive on most Layer 3 devices. Latency would show up on a traceroute as a jump in round trip time and would continue with high times for every node past that point. Packet loss would likewise affect every hop beyond the node in question. Since there are low times after the high times on your example, there is no real latency. The hops with 100 percent return beyond the troubled node(s) indicate that there isn't really any packet loss. What you are seeing is just an artifact of how traceroute works. If you need further assistance, please contact you ISP support.
      .. which is annoyingly all true.

I replied with some other information that I had (www.internetpulse.net shows cogentco having PL issues with several nodes connected to providers), but I think the best data I could provide them, would be if anyone else can run a Trace that happens to go through cogentco as well and shows similar symptoms.

Much obliged!
      sigpic

Comment

Here's the reply from cogentco:

Traceroute shows the return time for packets from each node on the path to the destination. The high times and/or dropped ICMP requests you are seeing on some nodes are just specific to those nodes. They are largely due to the low priority which traceroute responses receive on most Layer 3 devices. Latency would show up on a traceroute as a jump in round trip time and would continue with high times for every node past that point. Packet loss would likewise affect every hop beyond the node in question. Since there are low times after the high times on your example, there is no real latency. The hops with 100 percent return beyond the troubled node(s) indicate that there isn't really any packet loss. What you are seeing is just an artifact of how traceroute works. If you need further assistance, please contact you ISP support.
        .. which is annoyingly all true.

I replied with some other information that I had (www.internetpulse.net shows cogentco having PL issues with several nodes connected to providers), but I think the best data I could provide them, would be if anyone else can run a Trace that happens to go through cogentco as well and shows similar symptoms.

Much obliged!
        Last edited by lush; 08-22-2013, 10:32 PM. Reason: long time since BBcoded
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X