TG can now lie about the number of slots on a server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG can now lie about the number of slots on a server

New in this content patch is the ability to lie about how many slots you really have on the server. It's done in the console, through 3 commands.
    sv_reserved_slots <name> <steamid>. Adds a new reserved slot for the SteamID specified.

sv_add_reserved_slot <amount>. Set the amount of reserved slots available on the server.

sv_remove_reserved_slot <steamid>. Removes the reserved slot for the SteamID specified.

Basically how it works is, it checks if you have a reserved slot, if you do for that server, then it will show the real amount of slots in the server browser, if the player does not have a reserved slot, it will show the "fake" number.

Now the question is, we would obviously need to have the old code there, but it could be possible to modify this slightly for P's and S's. Like S always shows the full amount, as P shows amount of slots left for primers.

Re: TG can now lie about the number of slots on a server

Time to get to fibbing. :)
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Good step in the right direction, though UWE still needs to add in custom kick messages.

Comment

The server now lies about public slot count. We appear to have the following number of public slots:

16 + NumberOfSpectators

Spectators have never counted against our 8v8 count, and our broadcasted total public slot count now updates throughout the game as spectators come and go.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm able to teach the server browser that you're special and able to join despite the server being full (assuming you are, in fact, special). I'll be testing that code soon. For now, when the server's full (and you're thinking you're able to bump someone), force the connection from your client console with these two commands (Taunt and Chuckle, respectively):

connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com
          connect tgns2.tacticalgamer.com

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The server browser should be smart enough to let you join the full server if you're privileged enough to bump one of the players already on the server. Please report defects.

Comment

I was able to join from the browser last night with no trouble.
              aka Roland tHTG

Comment

About spectators, I'm unable to join the spectating team... even after changing my name to "spec-BeigeAlert".

Comment

Did you change and then join or join with your name set? I'm sure you have to have it set then join for it to work.

On a related note, it would be neat if folks that get bumped have the option of joining spec rather than just a disconnect.
                  aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
                    Did you change and then join or join with your name set? I'm sure you have to have it set then join for it to work.

On a related note, it would be neat if folks that get bumped have the option of joining spec rather than just a disconnect.
                    The players who can spectate is limited to those who are the least likely to get bumped.

There might be a way to give them an option to go spectator (with the name change to spec-[name]), but the time before kick would need to give them a change to do so.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                      The players who can spectate is limited to those who are the least likely to get bumped.

There might be a way to give them an option to go spectator (with the name change to spec-[name]), but the time before kick would need to give them a change to do so.
                      Oh it's not even a real suggestion, it was just just me thinking out loud. My train of thought was something along the lines of allowing players not familiar with the server to see a bit more of the community rather than having a bad experience by getting disconnected, and maybe text spam about how to find the forums if they wish to get involved.
                      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X