Could we drop S first join?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we drop S first join?

I heard some people complaining about not being able to join teams. I seldom see an S or a P for that matter try to join a team. We usually just hang out till someone runs balance or we jump into "random". As it seems we do not have a preference could we allow people to join a team they want with out forcing them into balance if they do not want to do it. I think we are having a hard problem filling the servers, so if we could give non regs a chance of doing what they want, it might help us get more people.
    Lights Out!

Re: Could we drop S first join?

I've removed the restriction from the first game of each map. Subsequent games still have the restriction.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I see this happen often, but never really had a problem with it. While reading your thread, I had a thought.....

Can we remote the ability to join Marines or Aliens specifically and only allow people to random?

I think that would solve some problems...
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

I think instead it should just be another admin ability, like sh_balance, but instead it just randoms everybody in the RR. Sometimes balance doesn't really balance... haha sometimes I've seen happycat, crymeariver, and other really good players get "balanced" onto aliens, while marines gets a few rookies... and me... I'm not THAT good... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
          Can we remote the ability to join Marines or Aliens specifically and only allow people to random?

Please no, sorry but just a bad idea.
          Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

The reverse also sometimes happens too :(.

But I have noticed that I have been placed on the same team as happycat more often than before. It has only ever happened once before I took a two week vacation and since then it has happened three times in the week or so since. Not sure if that is related to the vacation or if something was tweaked during that time.

I know wyz has a lot going on right now but it might be time to refine the balance algorithm(s) a bit beyond simple score per minute. Maybe something like NS2Stats ELO ranking as opposed to the official UWE "Hive" skill ranking which is heavily dependent on K-D ratio.

That is all a little off topic for this thread though, glad the "S" join first is gone I saw so many new players get frustrated by it and so few "S" members actually take advantage of the feature consistently.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X