A couple of bugs I noticed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of bugs I noticed

1) A few times I have "voted" to concede when I wasn't on the menu or wanting to

2) Every so often, maybe once a night I "blink" and see a message that I got unstuck.

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: A couple of bugs I noticed

Well, I'll add to this "bugs" thread.

Tried playing briefly tonight, and noticed what might be a bug - don't know if it's a conflict with a mod, or if the NS2 server is simply configured weirdly.
    There doesn't seem to be any "limit" on people joining the teams; that is, people can continue to join a team even though they are numerically imbalanced.
    There was a round tonight where most of the game was played 7v9, and before I quit I had observed the teams become 6v3 simply from people joining (and no one left during that time period.)

There could be two possible suspects in my opinion:
    1) Unintended side effect of removing the "S join first" limitation changed a little while ago
    2) NS2's default variables were never configured to handle this issue

To elaborate on #2, build 246 changed the way that NS2 handled unbalanced teams from the RR, by allowing people to join teams even if they were uneven.
    However, it was said that if the config file had already been generated, it should have defaulted to previous behavior of disallowing team joining, so I'm not sure.

Taken from a build 246 email:
    246 by default removes the rule that prevents players from joining a team from the RR based on the teams being even.

This can be configured in ServerConfig.json using.
    force_even_teams_on_join = false/true

Comment

solarity, this is happening often. Menu options are triggering despite folks not being in the menu. I'll try to get that reported to Shine's maintainer soon.

Dark, my bots management extension sets force_even_teams_on_join to false, and then to true again, once the bots are gone. This is done with an UWE API which /claims/ that changes to the config are NOT persisted (the file typically has the setting at 'true'), but I'm skeptical. Will monitor.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I noticed a "ghost" in a 9v8 game, the ghost had a 0 ping and seemed to be left over from the bot round. I have seen similar ghosts with my name in modded server several months ago. The ghost was also dead if I recall, more of an eye sore than a problem compared to the other issues.

I also did see a website come up that I already mentioned to wyz. It said lead board and removed focus away from my game so I had to close the window before playing.
        Lights Out!

Comment

While we're on the subject...

I've noticed something odd about the concede vote. I'm not even sure this is exactly how it goes, but it seems like people's votes are being forgotten... remember, concedes are generally going on during gameplay, so I rarely really pay much attention.

Someone will start a concede. 7 more votes needed.
          A few people will vote. 5 more votes needed.
          I'll vote. 7 more votes needed.

Then I don't notice anymore concedes and the next thing I know we're win or lose.

Anyone else noticed this? If you concede twice in the same concede session, does it unconcede you? Lol.

Mom
          Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
          Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
          Forever Perplexed

Comment

Yea the "votes needed" count is pretty much always wrong. I've seen 7 7 5... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BeigeAlert View Post
              Yea the "votes needed" count is pretty much always wrong. I've seen 7 7 5... etc.
              This is Shine code managing the vote. Has it improved any?
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

No, the vote count numbers are still off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X