Donating to UWE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating to UWE?

Anyone else do this? I love the game and I can't really see how these guys make enough money. I see they have different levels of donations and you get some little visual perks, nothing game changing. I am thinking of thr $75 level. I do get a lot of play from this game.
    http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/
    Lights Out!

Re: Donating to UWE?

Dropped $75 for the shadow tier here, still better $/hour played than many other games for me at around $0.30/hour played. With the Dx9 performance being back to pre-reinforced levels (For me) I plan to continue to get my moneys worth out of UWE for NS2. Noticed a few other regulars with the shadow tier as well, if you have the cash I say go for it.

Comment

Bought Shadow w/o batting an eyelash. Glad Onos was gone before I showed up. I have no business spending that much money on NS2, and it's warranted given how much value I've taken from this game over the last decade. Don't need that temptation. :)
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I was really tempted with the onos badge and when I first saw the announcement and there were none sold but a bit later I checked again and they were all gone. I debated on the shadow badge then but read that they may make some more levels so have decided to wait and see what happens, (partially because I still dislike some of the recent changes so I admit I'm being a big babby).

As far as supporting the devs, I don't need no stinking badges, having spent more than the shadow payment level on the game before it was even released. ;)
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I'm with you there, Roland.
          I would have no problem donating $75 for the Shadow tier, but their nonsensical changes starting with the incorporation of BT mod in b250 has caused me to realize I essentially haven't really had fun with this game since then.
          If they manage to fix it, I might donate. :/

Comment

True, I bought 3 copies. 1 for me, a buddy, and my old man. Granted I got them onsale. I thought this game does save me money as scuba diving tends to be a bit more expensive

I bet they are trying to hire a new person, maybe Wyz with that highest level :p

Why I am not the biggest fan of the BT mod, I think all companies have stumbleing blocks. I have seen less people post BT
            Lights Out!

Comment

Having written a ton of "play code" around this "real" code, I'd love the chance to work with them on the real code. I think it'd be awesome. My current compensation level doesn't align well with their fundraising goals (which is much easier to focus on than the absolute CHASM between my skill level as a developer and I'm sure what's required to write code anywhere near their level! :) ).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz writes code?....

Who knew...
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

Little known fact (and I hope I'm remembering this correctly) :

Wzy was the guy that first implemented the scoreboard showing what weapons a marine had in NS1, which was later brought into the game by UWE.

I still remember a few of us hopping around in the server room and him saying something about being 8 or 9 levels deep in code so if he ignored us for a few it was only to concentrate.

I think he gave myself and the other non SMs that were there to help him test that and other things like 10 full server join credits. :D
                  aka Roland tHTG

Comment

To my knowledge, none of my code has ever been brought into the game. Maybe an /idea/ I introduced got noticed by someone, but I've never been told that.

Comment

Well I am correct in remembering that you wrote code to show what weapons a marine had in NS1 right?

Which to people that didn't play it, was more important to keep up with than in NS2 since the comm bought all weapons since there was no Pres.
                      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I think I might have extended some code that did that? Like, maybe Shotguns were displayed, or something, but GLs weren't? Or maybe shotguns and GLs were, but welders weren't? I do recall doing /something/ in that space, but I don't recall what exactly.

Comment

Wyz you use to have a handful of custom plugins on the old server:

1) Teammate res count, in all its amx green text'ed glory (before it got put in officially in v3.2)
                          2) Something with the weapons on scoreboard I think, before it was official?
                          3) Custom, player submitted decals in RRs (I had one that flashed 'aeroripper' on ns_veil that looking like a commander logout button) for SMs
                          4) Friendly fire, although I think that was a simple switch already in the game
                          5) gb, which made a return with NS2
                          6) Captains mode, also in ns2 but used less frequently :(

Think that was all of them.
                          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Back on topic, the way I see it is I am giving them $75 so that they can keep making the game I love better. The stuff I got with shadow was a nice bonus, but it didn't really add anything special IMO. I hardly ever notice the models being different. I guess I do have sort of an ego-boost with the icon. That's about it.
                            HaX^

Comment

I am impressed to see how many TGers have purchased this. Thx for helping this game continue!
                              Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X