sh_broadcast - send a message to both servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sh_broadcast - send a message to both servers

Primer signers now have sh_broadcast. Abusers will be blacklisted from the command. Use it for any reasonable cross-server chatter.

Users of sh_broadcast send messages to both servers. You don't specify a server when you use the command -- it just broadcasts to the other server (and the current server).

If I'm on Taunt, and I execute (in my console): sh_broadcast Thinking about Captains next map.

The message appears to all players on both servers.

Here's what it looks like on Taunt (the same server):

[BROADCAST] Wyzcrak: Thinking about Captains next map.

Here's what it looks like on Chuckle (the other server), sometime within the next 10 seconds:

[BROADCAST] Wyzcrak (Taunt): Thinking about Captains next map.

Broadcast messages also appear in your console log, just like chat messages.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: sh_broadcast - send a message to both servers

Yay!
    Glad one of my random ideas made it in, though I likely wasn't the first to suggest this.

Semi-related, but which groups have access to enabling Captain's?

Comment

Only full admins atm. I'll open it up sometime in the next two weeks.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Cool! I'll pretend to be an old TGNS donor who died in a horrific server crash who now haunts the server.

Comment

I've disabled this temporarily while I continue to isolate causes of performance imperfections on the server. I don't know this to be related to the cause.

Comment

This is enabled again.

Comment

I broke this recently. It's fixed now.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the fix!

Comment

This is disable temporarily.

Comment

sh_broadcast is again running on both servers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X