Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkilla, back and ready for action!

Hi guys,

It's been ages, and I mean ages since I've been on the TG forums, in NS, and even communicated with you guys. But...!

I'm back!

I have been lurking, playing some other games, doing some life work that had me traveling around (without the possibility of gaming on a decent PC), and then after that, I picked up some Dota2.

But, playing Dota2, and watching 'Wyzcrak has started playing Natural Selection 2" I started to remember the absolutely amazing times we had on the old NS1 servers, the good friends I'd made there and some of the awesome games that we'd played.

And I got homesick.

So! Without further adeu, I have decided to return and see how the game has changed, meet the new players, and say hi to some of the best gamers I've ever had the chance to play with.

Cheers, and good hunting!

- Darkilla
    Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Re: Darkilla, back and ready for action!

Welcome back ^^
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Really enjoyed playing w/ you tonight, Dark. Great (GREAT) having you back.

Everyone, Dark gave me the first quote from my signature (below) in '06: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns.

So true. Even moreso in NS2.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Dark.. you came back for the same reason I came back. Wyzcrak has started playing Natural Selection 2.

Come to find out, Wyzcrak doesn't actually play Natural Selection 2. He loads the game multiple times over the course of several hours late at night and stares at the menu saying, "It's just not the same.." till he falls asleep and his wife disconnects the router.

Somehow in the course of this behavior, coding gets done.

:)

Mom
        Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
        Forever Perplexed

Comment

In other words, Wyz codes more than he plays.

Which, as much as it's a joke, actually seems true.

Comment

That is exactly how I can picture wyz. Though w/o him we would have a very vanilla server.

Anyway welcome back and it was nice meeting you on tram!
            Lights Out!

Comment

Quite a few old dusty accounts around.

And I always thought the fast chess quote fit.
              aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X