Are marines OP now vs skulks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are marines OP now vs skulks?

I was playing the past couple of nights and I see how much easier it is to play marines. I can dance around skulks and only seem to die if I get stuck on something or get overwhelmed. On the other hand when I play skulk it feels very hard to kill marines. Other life forms are great, it feels like skulks are lacking in some way. Anyone else feels this way?

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Are marines OP now vs skulks?

I'm too ignorant to answer your question.

As a community, we're not applying a fraction of the skulk's collaborative strength.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

More or less marines can out-dance skulks at close range now, thanks to movement changes by UWE.
      A simple side jump from a marine will catapult him far away from the skulk.

Comment

Feels fine to me. Winning engagements as skulk is highly situational, as a number of variables play into every engagement. IIRC, marines have always been able to do a backwards type jump to avoid incoming skulks along with circle strafing for a long time now. The new addition just made it easier for newer players. Ambushing and getting other skulks\aliens to assist you increases the chance of success.

What is annoying to me is the pogo-stick jumping marines do to avoid getting hit.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

The jumping is what I am talking about. I started doing it as others have and it feels really powerful.
          Lights Out!

Comment

Yea it's waaayyy OP now... Before, you had to know what you were doing. ie you can't just jump backwards, that's really weak. You had to turn 90 degrees and strafe jump, then turn back, effectively jumping backwards about 2x as far. THAT took skill. Strafe jumping now does not. :(

Comment

Seeding servers is a perfect time to try 1v1 to practice marine and skulk play.

However, the crux of playing well as a skulk is not in being able to attack quickly or land bites, just like the crux of playing well as a marine is not aim.

For skulk, its setting up ambushes and darting in and out of combat.
              For marine, its positioning and timing when entering a new room / choosing targets.

Like Wyz alluded to, we don't ambush nearly as much as we could. Let's make marines fear skulks!

Comment

Even so, I find more an more that even if I've done everything right and setup an ambush, I only get 1-2 bites before WHOA... are they superman, because they just flew off my screen. If I leave combat for a moment, well our good friend instant med packs just might show up if marine comm is halfway decent.

Comment

Yeah 1v1, marines should beat skulks 90% of the time right now, at least in the early game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X