Simpler scoreboard, fewer roles...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpler scoreboard, fewer roles...

The Temp Admin role (and its "T") is gone. All of its rights have been rolled into Guardian, which remains available to anyone who's opted-in and signed the Primer (Supporting Member or not). There will be up to two Guardians per team, in addition to whatever Admins are present. Guardians and Admins are now decorated on the scoreboard with the same letter "A". Please hold these players accountable for upholding our rules and tenets during gameplay.

There's a new requirement to be a Guardian: you must have completed 15 full rounds on the server. I've updated the Help text for sh_guardian to reflect that.

The Supporting Member "S" is no longer displayed on the scoreboard. The rights of that role are otherwise unchanged. Thank you for making this server possible, and please support our efforts to simplify the scoreboard for new players and regulars.

The Primer signer "P" is still displayed on the scoreboard (Supporting Member or not).

The "?" for Strangers is no longer displayed on the scoreboard (exclamation points are there instead, but that's a defect -- I do hope, one day, to bring back exclamation points for AFK). You'll find regulars will continue to discriminate against Strangers (still fairly rarely, but still too much), and I'll continue to wish they wouldn't.

So, our scoreboard letters (just "A" and "P" now) convey two things: who's agreed to the rules, and who's prepared to enforce them. Welcome new players to the server, and help them understand they've wandered into a server that knows it's special and isn't afraid to keep it that way.

Please report defects, and please give feedback. Thanks to everyone who's given it so far. I know this isn't exactly the letter everyone asked for, but I hope it's the spirit for enough of you.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Simpler scoreboard, fewer roles...

The info sticky that is pointed to when doing M > info > scoreboard letters will need updated :)
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I did updated the "Scoreboard Letters" documentation.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I did notice a slight bug. Last night a few times the guardian role would take a minute or two to apply to any corresponding player after a map change. Also once applied the A seems to travel to another player once people join teams regardless of status.

An example: I was given the A after a map change to summit. I had the A and I executed the sh_balance command. I was placed on a team with Darkscythe who received the A after the balance though he didn't have the A prior to balance command; I was reverted back to a P. I saw this happen a couple of times yesterday with various players. Before the server breaking the other day, I never noticed this to happen unless a map change occurred and a player was reassigned rights.

Comment

i believe the fist person to to join a team/server that has the ability to be a 'G' is grated that position. so if you joined after Dark then he would get it
          Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

This has all changed a bit since I dropped Temp Admin.

Full admins don't squash Guardians now, and I've raised the concurrent Guardian count to two, too (all three spellings of that word consecutively -- BOOYA.) So, if it's you and another Guardian on a team with a full Admin, three players on that team will appear with "A" next to their name.

In your example, Dark getting Guardian after the balance makes sense, as his team didn't yet have one. At that time, the limit was one Guardian per team. Now it's two. If Dark AND someone else were already Guardian by the time you got sent to that same team, you'd expect now to lose your Guardian. But if Dark is the /only/ Guardian, you should keep it.

Please continue to report defects and give feedback. Some of this stuff is very difficult to reliably test in isolation, so I really appreciate the reports and patience.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X