'Info' button advertisement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Info' button advertisement

Is it possible to have the server display "[TGNS] Hit M > INFO > TGNS Primer to acclimate yourself to our server rules" or something similar periodically on the screen? When there's a number of regs on its easier to educate new people on the rules but a periodic advertisement of the info button would be handy for the many ? that wander in the server. Also what would be helpful for the active guardians with an "A" is a server broadcast like full admins can currently do:

Admin| Free TV language rules on server apply, please ease up on the language.
    Admin| F4ing is not allowed on this server, please concede with your team or stop fighting.

Could be open to abuse, but I can't imagine it would be a problem. There's probably lots of other stuff on the plate to tinker with first, so just another idea to improve server experience.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: 'Info' button advertisement

I've added the display you requested. Great idea.

I've also given Guardians access to sh_pm, and I've added the messages you mentioned to the menu under that command.

sh_pm isn't my code. I'm not crazy about the implementation. Message yourself from the menu to see the full text of each choice. Let me know if you want others added.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Just tried to use sh_pm in console:

sh_pm aero test
      "You do not have access to the sh_pm command"

Was not listed as on option on the admin menu either. Was the only one on server and guardian (with full A) at time. Did not set after map change either.

Comment

Turns out editing the permission on my DEV server isn't good enough. I actually have to copy the modified file up the production servers to have it take effect. (facepalm)
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Message looks good, although, some suggestions for tweaks down the road:

1) Time between message should be increased. If possible, more often for strangers. 5 min for strangers, 10 min? for primer signers, some other interval for SMs.

2) Whenever sh_kick, sh_gb, or sh_tempban is used by an authorized player (or other punitive command), it will show the info message:

'Billy Bob has been kicked from the server for disrespect' (whatever the current message is, I think that's the right wording)
          'Hit M > Info > TGNS Primer to view our server rules.
          3) Another info message to add (at some interval, maybe at round ends or pre-game):

New to the server? Come say hello in our forums! Hit M > Info > TGNS Forums

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...