This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] sh_affirm: Affirming a Stranger

TGNS has a command named sh_affirm that lets those who have signed the TGNS Primer affirm that a player who hasn't yet explicitly agreed to our rules nevertheless seems a particularly good fit for our style of play. The command is designed to leave these "Strangers" who are seemingly well-suited for our rules and tenets a bit less vulnerable to our Reserved Slots Logic, so that they have more time to experience the server as a new player (to our server).

The server pays attention to which Strangers, if any, have been affirmed and, to try to avoid bumping those players, pretends they've been connected to the server much longer than they actually have been. Affirmed Strangers do sometimes get bumped to make room, but it's rare.

If you've signed the TGNS Primer, consider using sh_affirm to help out a Stranger who seems a really good fit for our server. The command is silent from the viewpoint of the target: the target of the command gets no notification when you use the command against them.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: sh_affirm: Affirming a Stranger

sh_affirm now applies only to Strangers who have played fewer than 10 games on the server. The idea is that Strangers with 10+ games should be signing the TGNS Primer, thus explicitly agreeing to our server's rules/tenets and self-sufficiently granting themselves the reserved slots privileges therein.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: sh_affirm: Affirming a Stranger

Bump for some of our new Primer signers. Lots of great new players lately. Let's help them out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X