Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Mod out of Date error

Hi Folks,

Was playing fine last night, now cannot connect to the server :(, get the error as per title.

I did some searching, deleted stuff I had in my Workshop folder for NS2 (hoping mods will be re downloaded), try to connect to the server and still get the error.

During the searching, found that Tempus had same issue back in May of 2013. From my understanding, reading the thread, it is nothing that Tempus did to fix the issue to be able to connect to the server again.

Any ideas? (btw I do see 12/16 peeps on, so it appears ppl can connect).

Thanks.

Re: Server Mod out of Date error

found the solution after further googling:

right click on Steam icon in system tray and then click on library>right click ns2>properties>local files tab> select 'verify integrity of game cache'.

Comment

Whenever this happens, you just have to wait for the map to change. What's happening is the server's mod is one (or more!) versions behind the current mod version because a mod it was using was updated in the middle of a round. Now it's not going to kick people out of the round, but let them finish. Unfortunately, it doesn't download the old version of the mod for you, so what that means is you can't play until the server updates. The only solution to this is to just wait. When you did the verify integrity, it must have JUST happened to coincide with the end of the match.

Comment

Turb, I'm sorry. I updated the TGNS mod in the Steam Workshop tonight. I mistimed the update such that it prevented clients from connecting for nearly an hour.

I've created the Steam Workshop mods and "Error: server mod out of date" thread to explain in more detail, for future reference (this will happen in the future, and I always try to minimize its impact on everyone).
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Good to know Wyz thanks.

TY for suggestion to you too Beige.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed