Commander's Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander's Games

Aero asked for a C to be put beside the names of Captains in Captain games... and I had a thought from that...

I've noticed that we often spend our "planning time" before the game starts trying to decide who will get in comm chair.

Would it be possible to have people opt in to Comm like we do Guardian and Temp. Then, when the game starts, if you're a member of the opt list, you have a chance of being selected randomly by the server to Comm. A C is applied (assuming it's not a Capt Game). If you do not want to comm, then we can take the time to discuss it amongst ourselves.

The only downside I see is that if only one person is opted in, it will likely select him to Comm every game. We would also likely have to have some sort of variable that meant the same person wasn't selected every time.

I can see a syntax: sh_iwanttocomm or sh_iwanttokhamm

Of course, if you type it twice, it takes you out of the opt in list.

To be clear, not trying to force people to Comm... I would just like to see the Planning Time used for planning, not choosing a Comm/Khamm. (This obviously isn't that big of a deal for Aliens, but why leave them out of the fun?)

Thoughts?

On a side note, my graphics card and mouse come in today.. so be prepared to get owned tonight.. barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Commander's Games

Well usually in the captains games that I've played the captain usually picks their players with a com in mind; this could mean that they end up commanding themselves as well. We could just make a rule that if you opt to be a captain that you are the default commander unless you select a teammate that want to command instead.

Comment

The captains implementation is a bit different from wanting to command. If you want to command, you can just hop in the chair or ask your team who wants to comm. If you want to captain, you're physically unable to do so until most of the server is on board with captains mode.

Having a similar functionality for potential commanders seems superfluous to me.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
        Aero asked for a C to be put beside the names of Captains in Captain games... and I had a thought from that...

I've noticed that we often spend our "planning time" before the game starts trying to decide who will get in comm chair.

Would it be possible to have people opt in to Comm like we do Guardian and Temp. Then, when the game starts, if you're a member of the opt list, you have a chance of being selected randomly by the server to Comm. A C is applied (assuming it's not a Capt Game). If you do not want to comm, then we can take the time to discuss it amongst ourselves.

The only downside I see is that if only one person is opted in, it will likely select him to Comm every game. We would also likely have to have some sort of variable that meant the same person wasn't selected every time.

I can see a syntax: sh_iwanttocomm or sh_iwanttokhamm

Of course, if you type it twice, it takes you out of the opt in list.

To be clear, not trying to force people to Comm... I would just like to see the Planning Time used for planning, not choosing a Comm/Khamm. (This obviously isn't that big of a deal for Aliens, but why leave them out of the fun?)

Thoughts?

On a side note, my graphics card and mouse come in today.. so be prepared to get owned tonight.. barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Mom
        Seems a little excessive to me.

What card did you get?

Comment

choosing a good comm is part of the decision making process of captains. Its a bonus if you are a commander since you get to pick better in-field players :D

Comment

Honestly, IMO if a person doesn't know enough of the players on the server when a captains game is starting up that he can't identify a couple of folks who regularly comm, then maybe that person should rethink volunteering to be a captain this time.
            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Seems I didn't get my idea across correctly. I'm not referring to Captains Games with this function.

Forget I even mentioned Capt Games. Lol.

I basically want to make an opt in that will allow players to say, without saying, "I like to Comm, and I will if no one else wants to."

For instance:

Mom is opted in
              Wyz is opted in
              Aero is opted in

Balance runs (on a normal, every day game)

The server randomly chooses one of the above players and puts a C beside their name. The server has chosen a commander from the list we've built. When players look at the scoreboard at the very beginning of the game (the planning time before commanders are in chairs), they see Aero is Comm on Marines and Wyz is Khamm on Aliens.

At this point, all our regulars know they have a commander, and can ask for ideas or plans.

If Aero doesn't want to Comm, he can say I don't want to Comm, and at that point the team can take the time to choose a Comm.

Basically trying to find a way to utilize the "planning time" for planning rather than bouncing around the map waiting for someone to get in the chair and say "this is what we're doing" with the few seconds before the game actually starts.

I'm not trying to make it binding by any means. If you end up being C and don't want to Comm, you can always just ask others if they want to, or tell the team you don't want to.

Maybe I'm just beating a dead horse. :D

I even thought it could be used strategically. Wyz has a C on his name and the other team can see that, but Aero is actually in the chair... kinda misdirection.... lol.

On a side note, and to answer Beige: MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr 3... I'm on ultra settings in NS2 and I get like 110 FPS. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME for me.

Mom
              Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                On a side note, and to answer Beige: MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr 3... I'm on ultra settings in NS2 and I get like 110 FPS. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME for me.
                It's so great isn't it!

Comment

It is! For multiple games. I've turned Path of Exile and Starcraft 2 all the way up, and I'm still rocking very stable FPS in both. I'm eager to see what it will do in BF4.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...