Awesome come back tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome come back tonight

The aliens were having issues of working together, though when we finally started to the marines owned all but 3 RTs and 2 tech points. With coordinated gorge rush with a "supportive" class like a lerk, fade, or onos to help we manage to wheedle them down. Suicidal gorge rushes take a toll on your K/D, I ended the game 8:23 my worst that I know of, though 3 gorges hitting a base really takes things down quickly even if a beacon does occur. In the end deaths don't matter it is about winning the game. The game is great when people coordinate and frustrating when there is none.

At one point there were 3 exos, a few arcs, and some macs about to take out repair. Though for some reason we just so happen to have 5 gorges there as well. We rushed them, lost a couple of us, but got them all.

GG!

-Solarity
    Last edited by solarity; 09-27-2013, 11:05 AM.
    Lights Out!

re: Awesome come back tonight

Fighting against your team was maddening. Every time we tried to leave, your team coordinated a push on one of our undefended bases. I figured we were going to end up losing elevator or server to get one of your hives, but we died pretty badly in repair. Aliens definitely deserved to win just for the effort put into it.

Most of the game:

1 red dot, then, 4 more red dots. Beacon comm!
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

lol, yeah I was flying back and forth like a madman trying to support and/or initiate all the pushes.
      It was tough in the beginning because most of us weren't working very well together, but once we had our backs pressed against the wall, we came together and started coordinating bile rushes.
      We really needed that momentum to force you guys back on the defensive, and after that it was a matter of wearing you guys down via a war of attrition. My goal was to try and keep you guys beaconing back and forth, though at some point I killed the obs in elevator and you guys were never able to put it back up. (I killed a MAC that was on it.)

Comment

Awesome comb back:

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

^ What happens when you try to do your own haircuts :D

Comment

That is disgusting wyzcrack, you must of used a mirror to take it :p

Anyway I corrected my typo, duno how I got comb as E and B are so far apart 0_o

That game really showed how coorination trumps skill on this game. The gorge really is the best class in the game. I think people would benefit more by looking at the map more, I mean all the time, unless in a fight.

Maybe always watching the map allows me to judge how well we are doing. It also allows me to coodinate a coup de grace. While the comm/khamm are very important to the overall game play, I think a boot/hoof/claw on the ground has a better situational awareness. Even more so when you don't feel commited to stay active in combat as you are a gorge.

A gorge by itself is a sitting duck. A gorge with at least one other lifeform is dangerous.
            Lights Out!

Comment

Re: Awesome come back tonight

The gorge ball you guys were running would have run out of steam quickly if we had a flamethrower cycling the gates to help negate the bile rushes. Sadly its powerful support role is often overlooked in most games. An exo push coupled with a smart, support only flamethrower is also very powerful at keeping gorges at bay.

Wish I would have thought of that during this game ^^

Comment

Re: Awesome come back tonight

The one great thing about this game is the scissor paper rock. If something isnt countered u loose. To win you need to probe and find the weekness, else it will be a stalemate
                Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X