Summit captains game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit captains game

Just want to give props on tonights captain game on ns_summit. Fantastic comming/exemplary teamwork from both teams. I believe our team won both rounds, but the opposing team provided quite a lot of a challenge in both rounds (including multiple hive kills in the latter match).
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Summit captains game

Yeah, we may have won both rounds, but we had to work for it.

As well, since I was helping Retraced figure out some streaming stuff, and I had everything set up and ready to go on my end, I decided to go ahead and try testing out some streaming.
    It's locked to my POV, since I was playing, so you can only see what our team did, but if anyone is interested, feel free to take a look at how badly I play, haha.
    Again, it was more testing than actual streaming, so I'm still working on figuring out the sweet spot for quality.
    Round 1: http://www.twitch.tv/koizuki/b/465558970
    Round 2: http://www.twitch.tv/koizuki/b/465566331

Each one is about half an hour long. First 5 minutes or so of each round is planning phase.
    I've also muted myself in the recordings, so if it seems like my team is responding to a phantom, they were probably responding to me.
    Let me know if anyone has any problems. Bitrate should be around 3560kbps or so.
    If people feel it's absolute trash and I should never stream again, let me know and I'll remove them. :P

Comment

I am scared to watch it, I sometimes sound like an arsh. Though our team work was good so I am not fearing much. It was a good game the 2nd one was the best! Love struggles when they end up in a coup de grace, instead of a concede.
      Lights Out!

Comment

Nah, chatter was pretty tame for both rounds.
        People only start getting out of control when people don't listen and/or things start going south for them.

My main problem is trying to strike a balance between good detail and smooth video playback, while balancing the amount of CPU I have available, and the moderate bitrate.
        I can support a much higher bitrate, but people won't be able to stream it.

Comment

Twitch was taking forever to load these, so here are the direct download links:

Round 1
          Round 2

You'll want VLC media player to watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
            Twitch was taking forever to load these, so here are the direct download links:

Round 1
            Round 2

You'll want VLC media player to watch them.
            Wow, I didn't even know this was a thing. Is this automated?

Comment

Just followed these instructions:

http://www.geekthis.net/blog/64/down...-google-chrome

I might have linked the lower quality ones, though. ~760mb each is enough for me.

Comment

If someone goes to the trouble of finding higher quality download links, please post them. I might like those. I've enjoyed watching on the web.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If I stream again next time, I can probably record to a file simultaneously, although considering Aero reported those FLV files were already in the 760MB range, it would probably be way larger in a raw format, lol.
                  Hope everyone's enjoying it though.

Comment

Dupe - delete.

Comment

Typical video files I record with fraps at 1280x720 @ 29.99 fps are usually 30gb for a 30 minute or so game, just for reference.

EDIT: GB not MB lol
                      Last edited by aeroripper; 09-29-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

It would depend on the bitrate of the file, though.
                        The stream settings were set to a combined ~3560kbps, which equates to roughly 26MB per minute of footage.
                        That equates to around 782MB for 30 minutes, give or take a bit.

Still, I don't know which setting looks better for you guys, but they both look quite terrible to me.
                        I am tempted to defy the twitch.tv recommended settings to try and push more detail into those streams.

Comment

Thanks! Dark. Didn't realize my southern accent had come back as strong as it had.

Also, do I always cut out at the end of my sentence? I need to hold the mic longer...

Great games both rounds. It's because of the constant pressure you guys applied to the other team.

Comment

There are no duplicate posts...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse