"Reset Game" functionality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Reset Game" functionality

Had a scenario yesterday where having access to "reset game" or at least being able to have an admin reset the game would have really come in handy. What happened was after doing balance, it just happened that, in an 8v8, marines started with some afks, and it stayed that way for a good 5 minutes. Now these were some regulars who unfortunately were put on teams because of the balance, and probably had just left for a moment after the previous round to go to the bathroom or get a drink or something. Anyways, it was the second play-through on that map so if they had simply conceded, it probably would have ended up forcing a map change, which usually means a few people won't rejoin.

It would be really great if there was a way to just reset the round real fast without having to change the map.

Also, balance shouldn't move afk folks, though in this example they might not have been marked as afk by the system yet.

Re: "Reset Game" functionality

I don't want games reset, as the simple mass knowledge of such an option gets people all in a fuss too often. It's like concede/surrender on steroids. We've already got enough folks skipping right past gameplay to Surrender because they're not happy. I don't want folks skipping right past Surrender to Reset because they're not happy.

I completely agree it's warranted in some situations, but I don't want the public discourse about when it's warranted and when it's not, and I'll sadly not be adding it. If full admins have such an ability, I've never seen us use it (though full admins are welcome to use whatever commands they have access to).

I'll definitely modify balance to NOT send anyone who's been AFK for >= 30 seconds.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I almost did a changemap a couple days ago on refinery after the other team had a comm troll. We just conceded to let them save face. It is harder to concede imho if u are the team that got put at a disadvantge.
      Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by BeigeAlert View Post
        balance shouldn't move afk folks
        Balance no longer balances AFK players.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I almost did a changemap a couple days ago on refinery after the other team had a comm troll. We just conceded to let them save face. It is harder to concede imho if u are the team that got put at a disadvantge.
          How would we feel about the Eject Comm vote being a lower percentage of the team? I rarely see it used in the server, anyway, but on a team of strangers and a few regs, it's hard to get the majority of the team to remove a troll comm.

Mom
          Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
          Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
          Forever Perplexed

Comment

I can't honestly say the last time I joined the server and didn't see someone else on with the ability to just remove a troll (comm or not) from the server, although I'm sure it happens.
            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
              I can't honestly say the last time I joined the server and didn't see someone else on with the ability to just remove a troll (comm or not) from the server, although I'm sure it happens.
              Well it's not about removing the person. That's easy. The tough thing is what to do once the match has already been ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by BeigeAlert View Post
                Well it's not about removing the person. That's easy. The tough thing is what to do once the match has already been ruined.
                I would say either try and salvage, or just concede and start over. It's what you normally have to do anyway.
                The problem with having the power to sv_reset whenever someone feels that the game has been ruined opens up the issue of where to draw the line - it gets murky depending on the circumstances, and you can't reasonably create a set of rules that won't ever have exceptions to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkScythe View Post
                  I would say either try and salvage, or just concede and start over. It's what you normally have to do anyway.
                  The problem with having the power to sv_reset whenever someone feels that the game has been ruined opens up the issue of where to draw the line - it gets murky depending on the circumstances, and you can't reasonably create a set of rules that won't ever have exceptions to it.
                  Yea. The only problem is when trying to concede would make the server do a map change. :(

I would say the only acceptable use of this would be when abuse had occurred early in the game, ie cheating, trolling, or half the team being afk. After 2 minutes, probably no good reason to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkScythe View Post
                    Yea. The only problem is when trying to concede would make the server do a map change. :(

I would say the only acceptable use of this would be when abuse had occurred early in the game, ie cheating, trolling, or half the team being afk. After 2 minutes, probably no good reason to use it.

EDIT: OOOOKKKAAAYY I clicked that button ONCE and it made two posts. Sorry guys.

EDIT2: Back to the point, and on the other hand: this doesn't really occur often enough for this to be necessary, so w/e is decided, I'm fine with that.

Comment

Concede is the solution. If any of you have played on other random public servers, the reset vote goes up as soon as one of the teams faces a setback, or when someone loses their onos. It's cons outweigh the pros of making it available, and I would loathe to see that same sort of behavior on TG.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I still think the winning team conceding is the best way, who wants to make the other teams worst.
                        Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X