Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I quit!!! ... Yeah, okay, I'm probably back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit!!! ... Yeah, okay, I'm probably back.

So, not to steal BeigeAlert's thunder, but some of you may have noticed that I disappeared from your friends lists/NS2 a few days ago... Had a crisis of faith (and I don't use that term lightly) over time spent on games and ended up deciding that the best way to solve the problem was to quit cold turkey, cut ties and hope that not opening up steam ever again would solve all of my problems (hah!). Long story short, I don't think that was the best decision, although I'll be cutting down my NS2 time considerably.

Just wanted to publicly explain in brief why people were removed (read: I'm too lazy to explain it to everyone individually) without much notice. That won't happen again regardless of whether or not I end up sticking with NS2-- I'm friends with many of you outside of the game, and aim to remain that way.

Re: I quit!!! ... Yeah, okay, I'm probably back.

Huh, well that certainly explains a lot of things.

It definitely was quite sudden, and many people were confused.
    I'm glad you took the time to explain the circumstances, though, and I completely understand.

Comment

Ah I was wondering why I suddenly stopped hearing from you.

Well if you feel like gaming is getting the way of real life obligations there ain't nothing wrong with cutting back or quitting. Do what you gotta do.

Comment

I left things relatively vague in the OP and can give more details to those who ask, but there's only so far I'm willing to go on a public forum :).

I'll definitely be cutting back at the very least, but considering how much I've been playing for the past few weeks/months, that might just end up being like a normal playtime to some. At any rate, I mostly just regret my rudeness in just disappearing, despite the reasons.

Comment

I'm personally of the 'time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time' mentality (as long as other commitments are taken care of).

Some things such as video games, watching tv or movies, playing cards, or paper/board RPGs can definitely seem like wasted time to someone that doesn't do those things, but in my opinion, if you enjoy them, especially while gardening friendships and spreading love and goodwill, then that time was well spent. Now it's easy to say that these things are wasteful because unlike a hobby of woodworking, or gardening, or building with legos etc there is no tangible remains of the spent time...

To me wasted time is time spent doing things you don't enjoy. Yardwork in my yard is a good example because I never have fun while doing it, and I know it's just delaying the inevitable because that grass will grow right back and the leaves will fall again next year, but the times I've gone to my grandmothers house or other elderly that needed help it didn't feel wasteful.

Personally, I've always felt like the biggest waste of time in modern society was our concept of work, because it's a ton of time that most people learn to despise but are forced to do for economic reasons. Of course, the alternative would be for us to be hunter/gatherers and farming with bartering for things and services, so it has its advantages. ;)
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by Retraced View Post
            So, not to steal BeigeAlert's thunder, but some of you may have noticed that I disappeared from your friends lists/NS2 a few days ago... Had a crisis of faith (and I don't use that term lightly) over time spent on games and ended up deciding that the best way to solve the problem was to quit cold turkey, cut ties and hope that not opening up steam ever again would solve all of my problems (hah!). Long story short, I don't think that was the best decision, although I'll be cutting down my NS2 time considerably.

Just wanted to publicly explain in brief why people were removed (read: I'm too lazy to explain it to everyone individually) without much notice. That won't happen again regardless of whether or not I end up sticking with NS2-- I'm friends with many of you outside of the game, and aim to remain that way.
            Haha no I'm pretty much over that phase. Though when I finally manage to find a job I'll definitely be cutting NS2 down considerably. :(

Comment

The game within the game is keeping the game a game.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz is so wise.
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...