added: sh_specmods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• added: sh_specmods

sh_specmods now toggles the Spectate mods on the server.

) hearing voicecomm (both teams)

) advisory spam that happens every 90 seconds

Both are enabled by default and re-enabled after every mapchange.

The idea is that you execute sh_specmods when you want voices and spam to stop while you're spectating.

Please provide feedback and report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: added: sh_specmods

Is there a way to separate these two, or add a parameter to toggle them independently?

I asked in my video thread, though I haven't made any determination yet, if people would prefer to hear the team comms.
    This is something most casters don't actually gain access to when they do their "serious" casting of actual matches and pugs.
    As a bonus, if you can set such a toggle-able parameter, it should be interesting to be able to bind these commands to specific keys, and bring up the voice comms on-the-fly.

My thoughts for this:
    sh_specmods 0 = Disabled; Current behavior of advisories and both team comms active.
    sh_specmods 1 = Disable automated message spam; Only Marine voice comm active.
    sh_specmods 2 = Disable automated message spam; Only Alien voice comm active.
    sh_specmods 3 = Disable automated message spam; Both team voice comms active.
    sh_specmods 4 = Disable everything for a "clean" cast.

I'm not sure on the complexity or the feasibility of such a system, so I will simply leave the suggestion here and leave the final determination to you.

Comment

If you are going to be providing commentary then chat should be off in my opinion. With the exception of maybe "hey lets listen in on the marine team while they do this push", assuming switching quickly is possible with the mod (a bind maybe?).

Comment

Dark, I've added these enhancements to my DEV list. No ETA.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The following is now implemented: sh_specmode

sh_specmods, then, is removed.

Originally posted by DarkScythe View Post
          Is there a way to separate these two, or add a parameter to toggle them independently?

I asked in my video thread, though I haven't made any determination yet, if people would prefer to hear the team comms.
          This is something most casters don't actually gain access to when they do their "serious" casting of actual matches and pugs.
          As a bonus, if you can set such a toggle-able parameter, it should be interesting to be able to bind these commands to specific keys, and bring up the voice comms on-the-fly.

My thoughts for this:
          sh_specmods 0 = Disabled; Current behavior of advisories and both team comms active.
          sh_specmods 1 = Disable automated message spam; Only Marine voice comm active.
          sh_specmods 2 = Disable automated message spam; Only Alien voice comm active.
          sh_specmods 3 = Disable automated message spam; Both team voice comms active.
          sh_specmods 4 = Disable everything for a "clean" cast.

I'm not sure on the complexity or the feasibility of such a system, so I will simply leave the suggestion here and leave the final determination to you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X