Admin mute notifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin mute notifications

Admins and Guardians get notified when players mute another player. A few changes now:

) Periodic notifications about existing mutes. Muting is a removable offense. In good faith and with a good attitude, help the "offending" player fix his mutes. Remove him if he doesn't unmute after plenty of time. Most importantly, listen carefully if the player can reasonably explain /why/ they muted someone -- you might need to ask some voice spammer to tone it down.

) Notifications are shown only when source and target of mute are 1) on the same team and 2) on Marines or Aliens (note: team of notified Admin/Guardian is irrelevant)

Please provide feedback and report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Admin mute notifications

As far as I can tell, it's working very well.

I've contacted 3 people now via admin chat about mutes as soon as I saw them happen (even the guy that muted you Wyz... cuz obviously, you talk too much).. and they generally revert the changes quickly.

With that being said, when you and I did contact that guy last night that muted you, I noticed someone else mute and unmute half the team.. that made for a bit of confusion, and I didn't have the time to see if he actually unmuted everyone.

But..

Periodic notifications about existing mutes
    This should eliminate that problem.

I would like to know what the period of time between notifications is.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Comment

30s
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah, perfect.

Ty.

Mom
        Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
        Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          Admins and Guardians get notified when players mute another player. A few changes now:

) Periodic notifications about existing mutes. Muting is a removable offense. In good faith and with a good attitude, help the "offending" player fix his mutes. Remove him if he doesn't unmute after plenty of time. Most importantly, listen carefully if the player can reasonably explain /why/ they muted someone -- you might need to ask some voice spammer to tone it down.

) Notifications are shown only when source and target of mute are 1) on the same team and 2) on Marines or Aliens (note: team of notified Admin/Guardian is irrelevant)

Please provide feedback and report defects.
          There have been a few times where I didn't even need to ask why, I knew. There's a player who plays on the servers occasionally who is obviously 10, but not breaking any rules, and is generally pretty good about listening to orders and being a team player... they just don't know how to shut up... and not commentate every single thing that happens to them... and them some (I know I do this too... but this is taking it a little further). It's a beautiful sight to see, at the beginning of a round, after balance, the chat screen just FILLS up with "so and so has muted X".

But yes, most of the time when I see someone mute somebody else, I ask them about it as soon as I'm in a good spot to in the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X