X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concede Votes

7, 6, 5, 7, 4, 3, 2, 1.

7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

You've seen it. Regs just deal with it. Strangers go, "OMGFFBBQ RAGE RAGE".

I realize you probably know about it, Wyz... and I'm sure you're doing what you can to address it.

What I'd like to know is under what circumstances does it actually work.

From what I've seen, it will work with two votes even if we get the whole team.

I've seen it go, "7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1," new vote starts, "7", "Team has conceded. WinOrLose"

So, it's as if it carries over between votes.

I've seen it get all the votes and not pass because one vote counted as X number twice.

I've seen it do the above and upon new vote starting it didn't pass.

I'd like to be able to say, "This is what we need to do to concede if we all want to concede." And have a plan of attack until it's working correctly.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Concede Votes

For WinOrLose, I'm in the process of discarding Shine's voting code w/ my own. Required ratio won't change, but abstains will count toward concede once vote has majority support.

Should be in testing in the next few days.

EDIT: "abstains count? what?" -- there will be a "Fight On" vote option. No one's required to vote anything, but majority will carry the vote if no one opposes that majority. And, of course, the status quo remains: overwhelming majority carries despite opposition.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So, for the time being, should we just tell people to ONLY use one menu or the other? Am I to assume by your reply that the problem lies in the fact that people are using both the X and M menu to concede?

Mom
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I don't know why Shine does such a bad job tracking the votes. I assume the two menus do the same thing.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Maybe I'll play with this tonight. If it comes to a concede vote, I'll try to ensure that the team only uses one menu or the other, and see if the algorithm performs correctly.

Thanks. :)

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I please need testers for my new code tonight (Thu, 10/17) at 8:15PM Central. If you're likely to be around and are receptive to me messaging you on Steam IM for help, please let me know.

Comment

I'll probably be around later. Planning on playing around 8 PM MST, or 11ish central? something like that.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I'll probably be around later. Planning on playing around 8 PM MST, or 11ish central? something like that.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I might be around, feel free to ping me and see.

Comment

Apparently, my browser or internet connection seems to believe that I am the prophet cometh to TG, and repeatedly posts my comments twice.

It's obvious you must all bow down to my will now.

The code says so.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I need testers tonight (Tue 10/22) around 8:15 PM. If you think you'll be around, please let me know. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                        I need testers tonight (Tue 10/22) around 8:15 PM. If you think you'll be around, please let me know. Thank you.
                        I'll be around.

Comment

Not sure what time your setting to , between 23:00 - 02:00 UK time GMT Im open to invites via steam or PM when I am at the computer

Edit Posted server time 17:50 (UK time 22:50)

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I might be on a bit after the start time. I'll check to see if you need more if I am.
                            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Get the feeling that is PDT. Just whack 7 off of GMT

Don't swear at anyone.
                              Be respectful.
                              Your team comes first.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse