Lerk lift! How about it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lerk lift! How about it?

Just for fun, it'd be cool to have this on one of the servers.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc.../lerk-lift-mod

Re: Lerk lift! How about it?

It was fun to generally screw around with back in NS1, and maybe for siege maps which were kind of an "anything-goes" mode to begin with, but definitely not for normal play.
    I don't really see when we could use this, besides really late at night after the server has died. Bot mode forces us to marines, so it would kind of be wasted there, since we can't play aliens.

Comment

I didn't mean as regular play either.

Comment

They say war is hell. Maybe people just say that because they can't understand the horror of war. I thought I did, how wrong I was:

Maintenance hive on eclipse station. Knew this was going to be a long day. The marines just slaughtered us last round, but I managed to survive to the end due to my cunning gorge skills. Figured I'd give it a go for another round, what the hell? I was doing the normal routine, building a RT in south loop. I told everybody I was going MC first, nobody objected, heh, why would they?

So there I am, dutifully building our first MC in maintnance hive minding my own business, then suddenly, a lerk named "`noobwash" swoops down from a dark place on the ceiling and picks me up. Before I realize what's going on, he flies me directly to marine spawn and drops me off neatly in front of a squad of angry looking marines, then bee-lines (laughing all the way) back to the hive. The darkness came so fast, I didn't even have time to register I was being shot. Funny, I think I laughed a bit before I lost consciousness.

A few months later, I woke up in a kharra ICU with bandages on 95% of my body. The doctor (another gorge) said I'd never be able to healspray again. I lost 3 years of life to this lerk's madness in intensive gorge therapy, trying to reassemble the shattered pieces of my psyche. The day I left therapy for the last time, Dr. Oz said to make something good out of this. He was right, and I decided I would dedicate my internet life to spreading the word about lerk lift, and to save the lives of other victims before the madness comes to fruition again.

So I implore you, just say NO to lerk lift, won't somebody think of the gorges?
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Loved Lerk lift with bile gorge in NS1, but I do not think it would be balenced within an NS2 game, a few gorges rushing are just as powerful
          could counter with JP and EXO or rine with gl I guess :P

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Ahh memories... :)
            HaX^

Comment

I dont think this will fly........
              Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Hah, could always pull an avatar and have the lerk link with the gorge. At which point the gorge controls the where.

Don't swear at anyone.
                Be respectful.
                Your team comes first.

Comment

I loved lerk lift, though gorges seem a bit more powerful than what they use to be. If they made lerk lift have some trade off. Lerk requires adril and reduce gorge rate of fire, or can't attack while connected or something like that. I think it could be doable. It might help gorges get into hard to reach places. I liked pick up marines and dropping them in the lava. They could also add it as a high lvl biomass ability. Which would help end game even more.
                  Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X