can someone point me to the mod that prevents close spawns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone point me to the mod that prevents close spawns

Can someone point me to the mod that prevents close spawns?

Also, any noteworthy pros/cons to running it?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: can someone point me to the mod that prevents close spawns

I found this thread which mentions a cross spawns mod but the link for the mod no longer works... https://forums.unknownworlds.com/dis...eil-descent/p1

Honestly, I'd rather you just make the NSL versions of all the maps the default for the servers. :) They would likely result in better performance for all, and I'm pretty sure they all enforce cross spawns anyway, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Correct on both counts Roland, the NSL versions are better for performance and enforce cross spawns.

Comment

Link to NSL maps?
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Cross spawns would be fantastic. Note that refinery, tram and veil do not have close spawns by default, but the performance benefit to NSL tram and veil stands.

NSL tram, summit, veil, and descent: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=126536901

Nsl biodome: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...55&searchtext=

I believe that's all of them.

To answer the op:

Cons:

Less eye candy overall due to the decreased amount of ambient lights, holographic images, etc. Not a negligible change, depending on who you ask.

Pros:

Cross spawns! I haven't heard a good argument yet for why close spawns need to stay.
          Much better performance/stability throughout the game. May even help offset some of the rubberbanding on the server lately.
          Cross spawns.
          Often updated with bug fixes a bit faster (sometimes 1-2 weeks faster) than the normal maps, since they aren't tied to all of the other things contained in a normal UWE patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X