TGNS Forums (PLEASE READ)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS Forums (PLEASE READ)

I'd like to point something out to current and new people here at TGNS.

These forums are a very integral part of the environment we've created here. All of the decisions and changes generally start or are supported or rejected here. It's important for you to give your input on things here so that we know what you do or do not want.

A few of us veteran TGNS guys have noticed that the vast majority of our Primer Signers only have one post in the forums, and it's the post signing the Primer. While we do not require communication or input in our forum, it is very important to the continuity of the environment for all of our regulars to give input on a regular basis.

A good example of this is the current vote Wyzcrak has initiated regarding an automated High Ping Kicker. We have 402 replies in the Primer thread... which means 402 people have signed the Primer and agreed to follow our rules. Wyz's vote has only been up for 12 hours, so it's safe to say that it just hasn't matured yet, but at present time it only has 9 votes, and 7 replies. That means that 9 of our 402 Primer Signers have given their input as to whether or not the Ping Kicker is going to be implemented. I'm sure that Wyz will gather opinions in real-time if the Kicker is installed, and ultimately he may remove it if it causes too many problems. But, imagine how much trouble it would save the people who end up suffering from the Kicker if they were to vote or post here before it was ever implemented, should that be the consensus.

Please remember that even though you may not be a Supporting Member, at the present time, TGNS would not have games if it were not for our Primer Signers, and it is important to the community that the input of all our players be considered.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: TGNS Forums (PLEASE READ)

Good thought but just because they signed the primer doesnt mean they read the forums. Im sure about 90% or more dont frequent the forums. Your preaching only to the ones that are always here and inputing.
    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I realize, but any ears this may fall on and ultimately bring more input to the forum, imho, is a great ending to this thread. Even if it's just one guy. We need more input here to determine more things there. Otherwise, we're just going to continue to implement or remove things without much input from the vast majority of our signers.

I'm not asking for it to be required. I just firmly believe that if something goes missing or is implemented and a person didn't take the opportunity to vote yes or no in the forum on said something... they have no room to complain one way or another.

Not only does it save the victim from suffering in game, but it saves Wyz and our other coders from doing things that may not be necessary. It also allows for greater continuity within the game, as people who communicate on a regular basis here are more recognizable there. Captains games will improve, public games will improve... people will learn more who they can trust, and have less of "who is that guy?" We can move from a community that trusts a P in front of someone's name to a community that trusts individuals, and be more proactive in oversight of our P> players.

Mom
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

I think a good way to get more people on the server is to approach the best TGNS players we have and ask them to stop by more often. By best, I mean the people we really love having on the server - great comms, good shooters, nice folks, etc.
        Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X