sh_specmode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sh_specmode

I can confirm the teamchat thing is working great, and I love it!
    Who you gonna call?

Comment

Added "SVI (Spectator Voicecomm Interruptions)" -- when you enable this in the M > Spec Voicecomms menu, non-Spectators are muted in your Spectator client when other Spectators speak. Updated first post.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
        Added "SVI (Spectator Voicecomm Interruptions)" -- when you enable this in the M > Spec Voicecomms menu, non-Spectators are muted in your Spectator client when other Spectators speak. Updated first post.
        When you're a Spectator with SVI enabled, other spectators with SVI enabled will now appear on your scoreboard with "Spec(SVI)" where "Spectator" used to be.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          When you're a Spectator with SVI enabled, other spectators with SVI enabled will now appear on your scoreboard with "Spec(SVI)" where "Spectator" used to be.
          Hrm. I had to tweak the "whether or not to show SVI on the scoreboard" logic a bit. Turns out that having SVI enabled isn't quite sufficient, because...

Independent of scoreboard display, each player's SVI toggle is always remembered, even if a player later sets his Spec Voicecomms to exclude Spectator voices entirely (the SVI toggle is remembered for later, when they again include Spectator voices in the Spec Voicecomms configuration). In that scenario (Spectator voices excluded), even though SVI is still remembered/"enabled" for that player, we don't want SVI appearing on his scoreboard row, as he can't hear Spectator voicecomms at all, interrupted or otherwise.

So, the "SVI" indicator now will appear on the scoreboard row for a player only when all four of the following conditions are true:

1) you're a Spectator

2) they're a Spectator

3) you've either got All voices configured with SVI enabled -- OR -- you've got Spectators Only voices configured

4) the other player also meets the requirement in #3 above

The point of showing SVI on the scoreboard rows of yourself and others is to easily see which of your Spectator peers have configured their Spec Voicecomms to prioritize hearing the voicecomm of other Spectators.

I'm sorry I couldn't explain it more simply. Hopefully it will seem pretty intuitive when you use it.

Please report defects. Feedback welcome!

Comment

The "None" and "Toggle SVI" buttons are both issuing the same console command (sh_specmode 6), and the actual effect is to toggle SVI. There appears to be no way to set a preference to hear nobody while spectating.

Comment

I think I've got that fixed. The messaging when toggling SVI remains an improvement opportunity, but I think the functionality is fixed. Feedback welcome.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X