Samusdroid (Orphan Black)'s quality improvement mods, implemetationrequest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samusdroid (Orphan Black)'s quality improvement mods, implemetationrequest

Was wondering if my game improvement mod could get implemented. don't want to link or post will have to go through moderation

This will continue to get updated as I fix more and more things, but it includes a lot of things

ModID: b69a77e

Re: Samusdroid (Orphan Black)'s quality improvement mods, implemetationrequest

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...34&searchtext=

This mod brings polishes to the game, and fixes and bugs I find that I am able to fix.
    Fixes in this mod
    - Dropships no longer are highlighted in alien Vision
    - You now spawn the model corresponding to what you currently are, no more spawning as Male all the time
    - Female sprinting sounds are hooked up
    - Fixed tooltips not showing anything for Alien commander
    - Adjusted some GUI's for better clarity and visibility
    - Improved Contamination art icon, now looks like it, not some thing you have never seen
    - Fixed Xeno sound continuing to play after yu are killed before successful Xeno
    - Fixed communication status icons above people's heads, no longer is offset, will flot above player's head
    - Improved Main menu, fixed bamboo leaf clipping through, bamboo was moving too much, added caustics for the water, added waterfall sound effect
    - Added ability to press Escape during loading to cancel loading
    - Fixed incorrect path errors for some materials
    - Improved performance with bots by removing console spamming debugprint
    - Fixed goowall file not found error

TODO
    - Make icon for mod

Guaranteed to be up-to-date with any update that may come (as I can do that)

ModID: b69a77e
    Some of your stuff gets implemented into the main game usually? These mostly look like bug fixes and non-gameplay changing stuff which (personally) I'm not opposed to.

On a completely different side note, is it possible to add back the query icons from NS1? I love these things!

They corresponded with the voiceovers/taunts and the aliens played little sounds to go with each one.
    Last edited by aeroripper; 11-02-2013, 05:23 PM.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

These are mostly on backlog and would take a while to get implemented as they take a while now since they are working on their new game

Comment

I tested this and noticed two errors. 1) voicecomm icon in the wrong place (fixed in very top left of client) 2) LOTS of console errors.

I'm confident you can and will fix the problems, but I'm working to optimize some code on the server, which involves /me/ making changes and introducing potential stability problems. I don't need more added onto it at the moment.

Let me know if you hit a particularly stable build, and I'll let you know if I hit a time where unstable builds are more suitable to our server.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hm, you shouldn't be having any errors, a log would be helpful. I'll try running both this and tgns to see if I encounter problems

Loaded both Shine and TGNS and had no errors, O_o
          Maybe you can run it one night on test server
          Last edited by SamusDroid; 11-03-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

This is on the server.

I had client-side FPS hitches (not server related) after we put this mod on the server, but it's merely correlation for me so far (not causation, that I know of).
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X