Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help: my console's transparent and my commander view has lost its isosceles trapezoid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help: my console's transparent and my commander view has lost its isosceles trapezoid

For months now, two things have been true in my client:

1) my console has become completely transparent

2) the isosceles trapezoid which shows on my minimap the outline of what/where I'm viewing as commander is completely gone

I uninstalled yesterday and re-installed, hoping for remedy. No such luck.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: help: my console's transparent and my commander view has lost its isosceles trape

Any mods installed/active that might be conflicting? Check for newest video drivers?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Re: help: my console's transparent and my commander view has lost its isosceles trape

Did you wipe your local directories in %appdata%?

Don't swear at anyone.
      Be respectful.
      Your team comes first.

Comment

What client side mods are you running?
        Have you tried disabling all of them and running NS2 completely vanilla to see if everything returns?

Try backing up and deleting your NS2 options and stuff from the above-mentioned appdata area.

Comment

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in again?

Comment

I run stock. I'll try deleting the appdata.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Just keep in mind there are two appdata locations.

Don't swear at anyone.
              Be respectful.
              Your team comes first.

Comment

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...omment_2166219

Screenshots have been requested. If you want, post them here, and I'll link this thread to that forum.

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

Err there are not two. Just got appdata local ns2 and %appdata% ns2 mixed

Don't swear at anyone.
                  Be respectful.
                  Your team comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                    Screenshots have been requested.
                    I uninstalled and deleted appdata. I didn't investigate/change/delete cloud anything.

This is still what I see (unchanged) after re-installing:

Minimap lacking trapezoid behind open console with transparent background

Comment

Come to think about it, i suffer from these missing items as well. I can't remember when it switched and thought nothing of it then.

The console is supposed to have a blurred background? i don't remember.

Comment

I had to disable steam cloud sync for the game to work for me / for changes to stay local.

Comment

Forwarded this thread to the NS2 forums.

Will let you know if it's updated.

Mom
                          Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                          Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                          Forever Perplexed

Comment

Wyz is your console key bound to anything besides tilde? What are you PC specs? Seems like a rendering problem.
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Not to my knowledge. How do I check?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X