Fantastic game on Tram today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic game on Tram today

Had a pretty amazing game today on Tram. I was comming marines thru a 40ish minute game. Earlier in the game, we managed to hold an ore processing PG and I sieged out many of their upgrades from the corner of ore. The ARCs wouldn't reach the hive though, so the team battled their way in and shot the hive down. Later on in the game:

Aliens recovered, and we got to the point in the game where aliens had 4 (!? pretty sure) hives and we were almost fully teched (no armor 3 yet). It was looking really grim for marines, so I beaconed the team and told them to grab heavy weapons and 'nades and walk to observation from base. We sieged out the hive, and BARELY killed it before aliens overran the area. Meanwhile, (solarity?) and a few others were walking into repair hive and noticed it was still building. About 30 seconds later we had another dead hive. We started getting new PGs in both repair and elevator, and fought our way up to north tunnels outside warehouse. Started sieging out that hive and took it down. Game ended shortly after.

Very coordinated effort from aliens the whole game, I lost count of how many times my obs went down in main base, along with our arms lab at least once. Jetpacks did a fantastic job chasing down onos and snagging kills when the opportunity presented itself. We were on the ropes multiple times but managed to come back. We must have killed at least 4 hives by my count. It was one of those games I wish I had a server recording of to watch again. Hope others had fun with that match.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Fantastic game on Tram today

it was fun while i was playing but as soon as i got close to the marine base my game would crash, pretty sure it's the new mod on the server, but you guys had us pinned bad in ore processing
    There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

#whyiplayns2

Don't swear at anyone.
      Be respectful.
      Your team comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
        [snip]
        Very coordinated effort from aliens the whole game,
        [snip]
        Ha, you would like to think. Our voicecomms were more or less people begging each other to listen and group up and hit something together the entire game.
        No one really grouped up, and that's why we lost our Onoses one after another - because they were largely alone and had little to no support. I can only do so much with a drifter and the mucus cloud.
        On top of that, most of our players were complaining of lag, with Kage in the 150+ ping range for some reason, and Geriatric kept crashing, and coming back in to swear up a storm about it.

Our team was on the verge of conceding the entire time, but while they were trying to do that amongst themselves, I just kept on rebuilding harvesters and anything else we lost, and kept trying to keep our cyst network.

We did lose all our upgrades at once, which was a pretty big hit, but for some reason the game would not let me echo out the spurs. It would let me echo shells, but not spurs.
        Overall a very frustrating round for aliens on multiple fronts. It was only a matter of time before marines won that one.

Comment

echo only allows one upgrade to be in range at a time. in order for the n ext upgrade to echo out all shells must be out of range (fully echoed). seems that shells always prioritize over spurs too.

Don't swear at anyone.
          Be respectful.
          Your team comes first.

Comment

Hrm, that would explain it.

Comment

seriously good decision making from the marines and marine comm that match :D

Comment

Areo did a great job of rallaying the troops. I was worrying we had to throw the towel in, though we ended up doing well!
                Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X