Next Friday Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Friday Night

I'd like to see a switch up for next Friday night. While tonight's Captain's Games were awesome, and we changed it up a bit, I think we should expand on that some.

Take the vote options above ^ and select what you'd like for next Friday. Please note in the thread if you would rather the entire night play this way, or just a single 2 round match.

Let me know if you guys think it's fail. I think some of those options would play out very interestingly.

"We want all the Aliens to jump into Crevice hole" "Fine. Marines can't build resource towers for 10 minutes"

If we do vote for these, please keep the requests reasonable. :)

Mom
    Captains Choose Opposing Teams
    83.33%
    No LifeForms or Weapons
    16.67%
    No Upgrades
    0.00%
    No Tunnels or Phase Gates
    0.00%
    Enemy Team Chooses Opening Strategy
    0.00%
    None of the Above
    0.00%
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Next Friday Night

I appreciate the sentiment in trying to keep things lively, but we'll keep my portion of the night the way it is for continuity purposes. If you'd like to implement any of the idea above for the after party, then by all means; but for right now Captain's Night will stay unchanged.

By all means, try new tactics like various types of rushes during my portion. But the rules of Captain's Night will stay as is.

Comment

I certainly didn't want to take away from Captains Night. I suppose, in hind sight, it's a better idea to do things such as this in the After Party.

The main reason, and my ultimate goal for something of this nature, is to promote continuity within the community. While Captains Games provides us with quite a bit of that, there is an obvious lack of response in the forums from the vast majority of people playing. Input in a thread such as this, imho, may be reason enough for people to participate in the text side of the event, rather than just coming to a thread to get a password. I'm not eager to force people to post in the forums in any way, but, speaking from experience, as our forum activity grows, our in game experience becomes better.

With that being said, please note that any of the above votes should be considered only to be possible during the After Party.

Since I have run out of maps to test during the AP, I plan on changing the entirety of the event itself. Before I do so on a public scale, perhaps it would be best to discuss openly a time (or even a different day) that can become common knowledge as the beginning of the After Party. Would it be better to separate Friday night into two events or to have a completely separate event Saturday night? How do you feel, Mirage... as the night is already yours. Initially, the AP was designed to run when the server was dying down so that if a bad map killed it, it wasn't a big deal... but, given the scope of what I'd like to create, I certainly don't want to take away from your event just to further my own goals.

Mom
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

I only like reverse captain drafting. It's a lot of fun in other games than NS2.
        Skud

Comment

You're more than welcome to make it part of the after party to do stuff like this, but you may get more interest if it is held on a separate night. The reason being is that some of the ideas above may require more cooperation that is required when the server itself is public as when you test new maps; but getting people to use no upgrades can be a daunting task if not done with people that will listen. In all reality most people quit playing for the night when Captain's Night is complete so a different night may be best.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X