The New and Improved After Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New and Improved After Party

I think we need a night to be a *little* less serious. We need more laughs and less "OMG GAIZ GO TO NANO."

I'm remaking the After Party, given enough interest. I'm doing this strictly to promote and grow continuity within our community.

With that being said, I need opinions.

The New and Improved After Party (AP) includes:

Player Set Game Rules:
    Reverse lifeforms
    Captains games with opposing captains picking each others teams.
    No upgrades (That is; no armor or weapons for M, no shells/spurs/veils for Aliens)
    No weapons (That is; no shotguns/mines/grenades/AA for Marines, no lifeforms for Aliens)

Lifeform/Behavior Reversal:
    If you are generally a Gorge, you will Fade. If you are generally a Fade, you will play Battle-Gorge.
    If you are normally aggressive, you will only build and defend. If you are normally passive, you will be the aggressor.
    If you don't Comm (or never have), you Comm. If you don't Khamm (or never have), you Khamm.

Strategy Testing/Silly-But-Who-Knows-It-May-Work Strategy:
    It is required that the general, "Let's expand on the map and get nodes" strategy cannot be employed at all during said game.
    Teams must plan and come up with specific and uncommon strategies.

There are a thousand things we could do with this. These are just a few ideas that I would like to see implemented in ONE or TWO games (or more if the players want).

As of right now, I am planning on doing this on Friday night during the AP section of Captains night. If it proves to be so much fun that we're all staying up till 2 in the morning just to try to keep the games going, then I will move this to Saturday night and we will have an After Party night completely independent of Captains Night. Think of it as a wind down after a stressful activity, because, come on, Captains Games can be VERY stressful. I'd like the AP to lighten the mood, but I also need it to be taken seriously. All TGNS standards still apply here, we're just changing what we do with them.

I need yes or no votes as to whether or not we're going to implement this during the AP. If the vote fails, there will be no AP.

Please look forward to me yelling at people to come to forums and vote for or against this all week long. :)

Let me know how you feel. Comment before you vote if you have questions or concerns. These rules are not set in stone, it's just an idea to progress and grow our community. It's certainly a work in progress, and I, by all means, expect it to fail at this point. I will not be "let down" or "discouraged" if you guys think it's too much trouble or just dumb or anything of the sort.

Mom
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%
    Last edited by YerMom; 11-10-2013, 07:35 PM. Reason: Apparently, I type too much
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: The New and Improved After Party

If this fails, it is because people cannot read that wall of text.

If it happens, I call dibs on going Fade! :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Picking the other captain's teams seems like it would become sort of hurtful, doesn't that mean you're telling the people you pick that you think they're the worst players on the server? At least if someone is picked last in normal mode it sort of goes unsaid rather than "take that Wyz, you have to play this with guy now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zek View Post
        Picking the other captain's teams seems like it would become sort of hurtful, doesn't that mean you're telling the people you pick that you think they're the worst players on the server? At least if someone is picked last in normal mode it sort of goes unsaid rather than "take that Wyz, you have to play this with guy now!"
        This.

I also don't have time to read that wall of text, so I will do so later.
        Though I still stand by my idea of us specs choosing your teams for you.

Comment

Not so much, Zek. If that mindset is what we approach our community with, then the majority of endeavors are sure to fail. I see this as an opportunity to choose strategically, rather than choosing by skill. I suppose, in hind sight, you are correct in that the majority of players will see the picks working out that way, but I know myself, Wyz, and Aero (the people I see commonly Captaining) will approach this without the first thought of, "I'm giving him the fat kid." Where some see, "Take that Wyz, you have to play with this guy now," I, personally, see, "Wyz doesn't get someone I know plays very well in a team."

With that being said, I'd like to reiterate that these rules are not set in stone. The purpose of this, *AGAIN*, is to promote this kind of activity in the forums. I want people coming here and saying, "This is how I feel," or, "This is the rule I was thinking of." And, hopefully, they will see other threads they would not otherwise notice without this event going on, and participate in those threads.

Annnnd... I edited the post and removed a lot of unnecessary text.

Mom
          Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Having the opposing captains pick roles for the opposing team might be fun.

Comment

I've never participated to captains games (I might have participated once, not sure if I was there the whole time though. I think I was there for only 1 game). It seems like for a "fun" night there are a lot of rules. I see where you're going with the reversed roles, and I like the idea, but it seems "too organized". I do like the idea of the other team choosing it's oponents though :) I don't think I can vote either way just yet.
              HaX^

Comment

The "rules" are singular. That is, I will host a vote in the forums before the AP begins. The vote will be multiple choice with... 4 rule options on it. The rules will be something like the above ^. You can only choose one rule. Whatever rule wins will be in play during the single AP game after the Captains Games. So, there aren't really that many rules. It's just a matter of maintaining one single rule during one single game.

For instance: I post 4 rules in forums on Tuesday. Friday night: Behavior Reversal rule passes. Teams are either balanced or Capt'd out. Wyz Fades, Mom Khamms, Retraced goes hive gorge, etc.

This is just one possibility. Again, don't think these rules are in stone. If the rules above suck, make new ones. I'm doing this to get people active in the forums. I'm looking for people coming to this thread and saying, "GAIZ IF WE DO THIS RULE IT'D BE EPIC" and discussion begins... and hopefully some guy who never posts here but plays regularly comes in to comment and see's a mod thread by Wyz or something and gives his .02 on that, too.

Don't want you guys to think this is my baby. I'm doing this for you guys. So, just so we're clear, I'm not "in charge" of this because it's my idea or my thread. I'm just willing to organize and activate this, but our players are strictly in charge of this, and decide whether or not it happens.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Ahh ok, sounds interesting.
                  HaX^

Comment

Bump.

Need votes, gaiz. Even if it's a no vote, let me know how you feel, plz.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I'm not down with roleplaying. If I wanted to goof off I'd go to another server and go 20-3 as a skulk. 10-0 as commander by defending gates.

I like trying new maps with such a hardcore group as tgns. It amazes me the skill difference between tgns and other servers though.

Don't swear at anyone.
                      Be respectful.
                      Your team comes first.

Comment

Unless this thread changes in the near future, I am going to assume the consensus is a no vote, give thanks for keeping me from having to do the work behind this, and completely close the After Party.

:)

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...