Trolling the Comm Chair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling the Comm Chair

While I think most of us have trolled the comm chair: engaging it, then jumping out to disengage it before a game starts and before we have a comm. Though it only took one person with poor coordination to make me dislike this practice. Someone, non-reg I think trolled it and did not get out in time. It then forced me into comming as he and everyone else ran away when the game started. While I don't mind comming on occasion, I am not keen on doing it. Even more so I don't like being forced into it. As we have run into "no one wants to comm" before we can usually find someone on the other team willing to swap.

Could we have a policy of no trolling the comm chair? If people do it we warn them, worst case they get a boot? The trolling has no added value to the game.
    Lights Out!

Re: Trolling the Comm Chair

So... you're saying.. like people sitting outside the chair and hitting E so it opens and closes?

I've seen that. I haven't so much seen people being IN the chair and jumping OUT before it closes.

Either way, I'd agree it's bad practice, and should be stopped.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Comment

Has this prematurely started multiple games? Have you tried solving this socially? Did you get pushback?
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I never gave much thought to it. It only took one false start to make me dislike the pratice. I am approaching the forum as I prefer to leave game play as game play and discuss this situation now. I will adresss my dislike of it when I see it, though I would like to see where the community stands on this situation. I see people troll the comm chair a lot, I don't know if someone triggered a false start and just decided to comm. I don't think you have see this as you love the card board box.
        Lights Out!

Comment

Yes, and I want to know if you told the person in that one instance that you didn't like it. Did you ask them not to do that? If so, how'd that go? What kind of response did you get?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

He knew we weren't happy. I didn't really try to address it other than make my displeasure with the situation be known. My main focus was on the game. He seemed a bit embaressed. I can address it in the future though I want buy in from the community, not make my own rules.
            Lights Out!

Comment

Without naming names, I know we have regulars that will stand on the front of the chair and hit the button, opening and closing the chair repeatedly. These are upstanding regulars who have had no other infractions that I know of. It's safe to say if you're reading this, you know who you are. I've never seen it actually start the game. But, I can see where the chance of starting the game can be troublesome.

I think the solution to this is a simple one. Just ask people to stop. So from here on out, if you're reading this thread, and you are one of those people... please stop.

If you run into people doing it in game, please ask them to stop.

If you encounter someone doing this in a malicious manner, then, by all means, take action or request action from an Admin.

Mom
              Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I'm reading this, and I do, indeed, know who I am. ARE YOU READING MY MIND?!
                Last edited by Wyzcrak; 11-11-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I learned from the best.

I read your comment when it was originally posted, Wyz... and I see that you edited it an hour later.. but it's... the... same... *head explodes*.

Mom
                  Last edited by YerMom; 11-11-2013, 09:59 PM.

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I think everyone has screwed around doing this, though as it has no benefit and their is a risk of prematurely starting the game I see no reason we can't follow YerMom. I just don't want to get yelled at by Wyzcrak for asking someone to stop and having them go to dad (wyzcrak) as "mom" is not an admin.

It is true that Wyzcrak regularly trolls the comm for the whole game. He is one of those comms that seems to respond very well to attacks on any of his bases. He sends the evil arcs to kill my hive through the wall or no scope/head shot the nodes with whips.
                    Lights Out!

Comment

Hmm... that's a unique concept. Wyz, what are the chances of you changing your name to Yer Dad?... cuz, I gotta admit, that's pretty epic.

:P

Yeah, I can admit that I've done this, and after the 3rd or 4th time, I started to think, "I don't want to accidentally start the game..." and stopped... and haven't done it since.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

The problem is, some people do it on purpose (hit the button and then stay in to start the game - not even just to mess around) even if they never had any intention of being a commander. The other thing is, does this even happen enough that it needs to be a rule?
                        HaX^

Comment

There is nothing more satisfying to me than initiating and passing an eject vote on a commander that is ruining the game of multiple people.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Anyone purposely starting a real game as Commander w/ no intention of commanding should get a STERN warning, and only one. That should not be tolerated for even a moment.

If you do that when I'm admin, I'll warn you, and you've got about 5 seconds (maybe a bit more if the server's not full, or if you're a rookie, of course) to get your ass out of that chair if you'd like to stay and play.

Comment

I misunderstood this thread for a long time. I've never seen someone prevent a commander from getting in that really wanted it. This is just like how I mindlessly bunnyhop in the readyroom while I wait.

Originally posted by wyzcrak View Post
                              i'm reading this, and i do, indeed, know who i am. Are you reading my mind?!
                              Oh god the commas are EVERYWHERE.

Don't swear at anyone.
                              Be respectful.
                              Your team comes first.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed