Great news!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news!

After 3 years in Tucson... trying to get a job without a degree and with no experience in a college town... stress in the family, a lack of satisfaction with my career, etc etc etc...

I got a job offer this morning for a Service Desk Tech I position at one of the largest hospitals in town. It's a very nice position to begin with, and an absolutely EXCELLENT door to put my foot in.

:)

So, you may be seeing me even less.

Just, yanno, in case you guys were worried about it. :P

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Great news!

Good job!!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Congrats dude :) Hospitals are a good place to work in for techies. Lots of possible opportunities once you're familiarized with all the systems.
      HaX^

Comment

Woah congrats!

Comment

Good job.

Don't swear at anyone.
          Be respectful.
          Your team comes first.

Comment

Congrats!
            Lights Out!

Comment

Congrats!!!
              sigpic

Comment

TMC, St. Josephs or UMC?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Northwest Medical Center... it's newer. But, they're growing very quickly. The IS dept handles something like 3000 calls a week.

Mom
                  Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

That makes sense. The NW part of Tucson was expanding rapidly when I left. Has Tucson annexed Marana yet?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Grats!

Comment

Lol. I live in Marana. Picture Rocks, to be exact.

No. We're all still Pima County. It's all still the same ol' desert. Oro Valley is separate, if that wasn't true when you left. It's EXPLODED with growth.

Come to think of it... it's kinda blurry for people who live in Picture Rocks.. There's Marana to our North, Three Points to our Southish... and Tucson to the East. I'm pretty sure Picture Rocks is part of Tucson, but Marana and Three Points are separate from Tucson itself... different entities.... if that answers your question.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

It does, and Oro Valley was just taking off when I left. What do I know though, I grew up just a few miles from Saguaro National Monument East.

Go have a margarita at El Charro to celebrate!

Comment

Meh. Not much of a drinker. Even less of a socialite. I'll stay away from the bar/club scene. Would much rather visit a planetarium or observatory to celebrate... but I'm afraid I need to wait for the paychecks to do that. :P

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...