Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evaluation/feedback: Hitch remover mod

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...stly-still-wip

To help Samus get more public server data, I've added his mod to both servers.

Please provide feedback to him (in that or this thread) about its effectiveness.

Please provide feedback to me (in this thread) about if we should keep it.

If it doesn't provide a substantially better experience, I'll remove it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: evaluation/feedback: Hitch remover mod

Looking forward to being home to try this.

Don't swear at anyone.
    Be respectful.
    Your team comes first.

Comment

This should drastically reduce hitching.

Comment

Originally posted by SamusDroid View Post
        This should drastically reduce hitching.
        Reduce? REDUCE? It says "REMOVE". GET OUT you lying snake-oil salesman! If I wanted my hitches removed I'd tell you!

Comment

I hereby dub this the performance patch. 10-15% base fps increase on NS2 update, droid releases a preloader that murders hitching issues and increases map load, and file validation is getting fingered for taking up too much perf

Don't swear at anyone.
          Be respectful.
          Your team comes first.

Comment

I removed this mod (and the Christmas mods) from the server tonight, as it wasn't removing hitching.

Folks were complaining about vague performance problems tonight, and none of those mods was worth keeping to investigate.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X