WinOrLose: winners reduce post-vote countdown by killing losers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinOrLose: winners reduce post-vote countdown by killing losers

I've changed WinOrLose such that winning team players killing losing team players (who can't attack) during the one-minute, post-vote countdown lower the countdown and bring an even faster end to the game.

Some on losing teams will find it a fun mini-game to throw themselves into enemy fire, and that's fine.

I've designed the countdown kill penalties such that any winning team working together to kill the structure and not players will continue to find themselves successful.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: WinOrLose: winners reduce post-vote countdown by killing losers

Hah, that's great.

Don't swear at anyone.
    Be respectful.
    Your team comes first.

Comment

I like this
      Lights Out!

Comment

"losers" is such a strong word... can't we just say "the awesome-impaired?"

Comment

Well, it IS WinOrLose... not WinOrBeAwesomeImpaired. :P

Comment

Funny thing happened a few days ago. I forget what team I was on, but players were getting in front of the comm chair/hive line of fire, and getting killed in order to reduce the time on purpose. It's an interesting tactic.
            HaX^

Comment

I like this addition and interestingly enough, it seems like the round ends more quickly now after the concede vote passes than before...
              aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
                I like this addition and interestingly enough, it seems like the round ends more quickly now after the concede vote passes than before...
                Perfect!
                Glad people are enjoying this, and it really does end faster for 2 reasons:
                1) Someone will invariably get killed -- the timer gets reduced -> faster end!
                2) The losing team has something to do other than sit in a corner for a minute -> Fun times feel like they go by more quickly!

Comment

It does impact the hide and seek game I play with dark when he is on the losing team. He is always a challange to find.
                  Lights Out!

Comment

If marines surrender, the alien whips will still attack them and reduce the timer. which doesn't seem fair to me. I imagine the same would happen with turrets.

Comment

I'll adjust for that.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I suppose players might be able to /kill in console too or trigger death.

Don't swear at anyone.
                        Be respectful.
                        Your team comes first.

Comment

Only kills traceable to winning team players penalize.

Comment

Mass sucide has been tester and confirmed as not an exploit
                            Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X