Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to the TGNS Community

Hi, everyone

I just register on the forums and would like to say that I've played on the servers a few times and liked what I seen. I've been playing NS2 since the reinforced patch was released and have been looking for more people to play with, I was looking for a community base clan but, sounds like TG is the best fit for me. I hope I'm a good fit for TG as well and I hope to get into one of this captains game since I've played a few PUG's and really enjoyed them. I haven't signed the TGNS Primer yet since I'm at work, but I will when I get home.

Also, I hope its not an issue a but, I watch my 1 year old at night and sometimes I have to get him back to sleep so I may have to disconnect or go AFK for a bit. I think I play a game last night were I just when AFK as commander (I jumped out of the chair before that) and didn't say anything.

Hope to have some fun games with everyone

Re: Hello to the TGNS Community

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Try to announce, but rest easy we have an automated AFK kicker to remove you from the server if you're gone more than 2 and a half minutes.

Definitely hop out of that chair.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Welcome to the community!

You know, I do recall being on your team last night and someone said "Oh, comm is gone" and hopped in to replace you while the rest of us were in the field. I didn't know what that was about since I saw you were still on the team, and you were promptly back in the chair, but it's good to know for next time.
      But yes, always let your team know when you're going to AFK temporarily, since with the speed of this game, people get anxious seeing teammates standing still. Just a quick "brb!" will do, if nothing else. Someone will see it and let the others know.

Comment

m-m-m-multi-welcome!
        /utvoice

Comment

I will differently let people know if I need to go AFK, guess I'm use to playing on PUB's were no one cares.

Thanks of the welcomes!

Comment

Hi DefaultError, it's me :) I forgot how I got you on my friends list (I want to say it was from Reddit, but I'm not sure). Anyways, welcome!
            HaX^

Comment

Hey HaX^, thanks for the welcome and I do think it was on Reddit too :)

Comment

Default,

I've got 4 year old twins and a new born on the way... I feel your 1 year old pain.

The community is excellent at being forgiving about people going afk, as long as it's in the right manner. Definitely hop out of the chair, definitely try to let people know... but I know I've had those moments when a child is covered in poop and I just have to drop everything and go. People may get upset about it, but I always remember that the people who make the big decisions have kids too, and understand what it's like.

Welcome!

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

That's good to know, I've played in a few PUGs from the reddit group and I felt bad because I'd get picked and then have to leave in the middle of a match. A lot of the reddit group are competitive players so I felt bad for wasting there time, but they were all nice either way. Played several games with the TG community and have had a blast and really like the servers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X