Sooo I broke the server tonight....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo I broke the server tonight....

The majority of the guys in the ready room wanted to play tanith after caged tonight... Wyz afk'd... so I was all, "Yay, I got changelevel.."

sh_changelevel ns2_tanith......

File Not Found...

Server down till Wyz comes back.

Sorry to those involved.

And, can we get a work around for this... or test all the maps on the server to make sure they don't cause this issue? I hate that I just put 16 guys out of game indefinitely.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Sooo I broke the server tonight....

I've fixed the mod that was designed to mitigate this situation. The flawed design assumed that any connection indicated the map was loadable. I incorrectly assumed that, in the scenario you "caused", the server would never raise the "player connected" event. It did, even if only briefly enough to tell the player "file not found".

I've now modified the Shine extension (it's called "emptymapcycler", part of our TGNS mod) to now consider the map successfully loaded only after the first player drops to the RR.

Note: this means that, if a player doesn't hit the RR within 90 seconds of the map finishing loading (or failing to load, as was the case tonight), the map will cycle.

Apologies to Mom and everyone else affected. I'll see if I can find out why ns2_tanith isn't loading on the server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

One of these days I'll fix this....so it falls back to a default map on file not found...

Comment

Nice. I'd love to discard my "emptymapcycler" hack.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X