Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ns2_tanith won't load -- anyone know why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns2_tanith won't load -- anyone know why?

Can anyone explain why ns2_tanith loads differently on Taunt/Chuckle than on my DEV server?

My DEV server (successful):
    Loading 'maps/ns2_tanith.level'
    Cooked mesh with 22414 faces, 18815 vertices
    Cooked mesh with 14485 faces, 12238 vertices
    Cooked mesh with 149 faces, 197 vertices
    Cooked mesh with 3417 faces, 3108 vertices
    Warning: Overriding map's pathing_settings.option_tile_size from 48 to 36
    Building pathing mesh for level maps/ns2_tanith.level
    Finished loading 'maps/ns2_tanith.level'
    Both Taunt and Chuckle (fail):
    Loading 'maps/ns2_tanith.level'
    Error: Couldn't load 'maps/ns2_tanith.level'
    I tried removing the mod folder to which Taunt/Chuckle downloaded the map. They successfully redownloaded the mod, but it still fails to load.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: ns2_tanith won't load -- anyone know why?

Fixed. Mapcycle entry for tanith had wrong modid. I checked the Mapcycle config file early for such a mistake, but my fatal flaw was my checking the contents of the same file only on my /DEV/ server (which /was/ correct) and /assuming/ it was a duplicate of what was on the server. It wasn't. Rookie mistake. Sorry for the distraction and the many disconnects this caused.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

For some clarification for those who are interested:
      I did some testing last night on the server after seeing Wyz's post here, and sent him my observations and hypothesis about the incorrect modIDs.
      The reason is that the server actually had two versions of tanith available - ns2_tanith and ns2_tanith_beta

Both failed to load, but both also "allowed" the loading process to begin, which is where I suspected the conflict was.

So, just to double check:
      Are we now down to one version of tanith, or were the modIDs simply fixed, and we still have two?

Comment

Actually, I had this problem once before, during Mom's awesome map testing time. I had the wrong modid for ns2_kodiak, but we only ever had one version of it on the server -- and same behavior manifested itself.

So, while we did have two versions of tanith on the server yesterday (we don't now -- we're down to one), I don't think that was the problem. Rather, the Mapcycle config file had a modid for its tanith entry that corresponded to precisely zero versions available on the server (just like my kodiak screw up).

Comment

Actually, I fixed the issue by drinking a lot of whiskey and kicking the server. You're welcome.
          USAR

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            Mom's awesome
            I know. I just wish I was as awesome as Wyz, who absolutely positively did not edit this post.

Mom
            Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
            Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
            Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by Iceberg View Post
              Actually, I fixed the issue by drinking a lot of whiskey and kicking the server. You're welcome.
              Your heroic actions and quick thinking will reverberate through the ages. :icon20:
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

WYZ WHY YOU BE HACKING MY THREAD POSTS, DAWG?!

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

<.<

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X