Hotkeys Mod trial on server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotkeys Mod trial on server

I'm going to load this Hot Keys mod onto the servers tomorrow night for a trial run:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...chtext=hotkeys

Essentially it allows you to use keyboard shortcuts for the buy/evolve menus in the game. I find it alleviates some of the tedium when re-purchasing welders/grenades as marine, and re-evolving upgrades as skulk after dying. Feedback in this thread is welcome.
    Yes, I like it and it should stay on the server.
    28.57%
    No, it should be removed.
    42.86%
    Indifferent. Either way doesn't matter.
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Hotkeys Mod trial on server

I only played half a game tonight but i found it useful on the alien side, though visually its a bit overwhelming. takes a little time to get used to but great for skulks

Comment

I played a few games last night and I never used it and just found that it was hard to pick my upgrades for aliens. If the mod made the UI was smaller it would be better, that's juts my opinion anyway.

Comment

I agree. Love the idea. UI is large to the point of distraction. Very tolerable. I got my upgrades just fine.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I posted on the workshop page of this mod with the large font size issue. Would be better it size was shrunk about 50% or so its not so intrusive.

Comment

to cluttered with this mod and its not any faster really
            Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I understand how this could be useful for some people, but for me it made it a lot harder to pick what I wanted because the UI was all cluttered and it was harder to find the UI buttons to click on. I'd like there to be a way to turn it off on a per-client basis if it were to stay. Otherwise, it's just really cluttered and distracting.
              remi.D

Comment

From the dev:

X-Illuminati [author] 14 hours ago
                I am just using a standard utility function to create those buttons (it does the GUI stuff and translates the key binding into an apropriate icon/label). So, it would probably be a fair amount of work to change it and get the scaling and alignment right.

I can look into it, but I wonder if this is only an issue at certain screen resolutions. If you can let me know what screen resolution your users are using when they have complaints, then I will try to address those more specifically.
                Additionally, I can probably turn off the button icons if the user has "minimal hud" selected in the options. Let me know if you think that makes more sense.
                What screen res are you guys running at? I'm 1280x720.

Comment

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...C1477CEBCD566/

1920 x 1200 ... still fairly large buttons.
                  I guess if you used that very often and got used to it, it might be pretty nice.
                  But as it stands, it took me longer to figure out which key to press rather than just relying on muscle memory to help me click on my upgrades.

Not to mention that to use this mod, since it uses the NumPad, requires you to take your hand off the mouse. In that time, I probably would've clicked everything manually already.

Comment

Ooo. The NumPad stuff isn't rebindable? I just assumed it was.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I use 1920x1080 with full HUD

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                        Ooo. The NumPad stuff isn't rebindable? I just assumed it was.
                        It's rebindable under your bindings menu at the bottom. He just released a new version with sliders to adjust the size of the labels (or remove them entirely) today as well. Note: You will only be able to see/use these mod bindings once a game (or local server) is loaded up and you're in the map.

Comment

Any way the server could initially "set" the size? Personally I'm already using the binds, but I'd almost be willing to lose them for the jumble-free menu.

Comment

You can remove the evolve menu graphics entirely, or shrink them significantly now. Go into your options > binding to do so. You can still use whatever keys you want to use (or the existing numpad ones) as normal.

Comment

Okay guys its been about a week with this on the server. I've created a poll to see if this should stay on the server or not. Vote will close in a week, and please remind people on the server to cast their vote.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X