VAC Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAC Issues

So it turns out that since I'm behind a dorm firewall, I can't play on secure servers anymore without VAC flipping out at me during connect. Don't ask me why. Does anyone know of any decent ways to get around this? If not, would it be possible for us to just remove VAC from the server? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem and VAC offers no tangible benefits to a server with such strict regulations and an active admin presence in the first place.

Re: VAC Issues

Check here: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...p_sid=Y7eyP4Oh . It helped me. And I would like to keep VAC2 on the server by the way.

Comment

I looked at it but it doesn't really help people who can't tweak router settings. Has anyone actually noticed an improvement since VAC2 went into effect? Right now NS servers are just about split 50/50 between secure and unsecure, so it's not like we'll be outcast without it.

Comment

I (as some of you may know) am having the same issue as Zek... damn school's firewall. Im having a nice long chat with Steam Support about it, let me give you a hint of what the convo looks like:

Me: The ITS Dept here on campus says they have all steam/hl ports open through the firewall.

Them: "Please read the Faq(link)"

Me: Ive read the faq and this doesnt help my situation, if all the ports are open is VAC using some other method?

Them: "Please read the Faq(link)"

etc...
        USAR

Comment

Yea that sounds like the support I got from them a while back. Good luck with this guys. It sucks when ports are closed. Perhaps you can setup some kind of tunnel via VPN. I think this offered a while back to someone with a similar problem?
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I'd trade VAC2 for Zek/Squeak any day, as I've only seen one hacker on TG for any meaningful amount of time due to dedicated admins. How prevalant is this problem?
            Rm 14:2 NIV
            One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Tempest on the trade, but here's why I like VAC. You see, a lot (all) of the people who hack in Counter-Strike or some Valve game aren't the type of teamplaying people that we would benefit from by having them in our community. Though they may not hack here (or they may not get caught in NS), if they do get caught in CS, they're banned here, too. That's why I like VAC.

I think it should be considered that, if this problem is fixed, we would bring back VAC for that reason.

Comment

Hrm, what am I doing here.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I actually had some issues trying to get onto the server last night with the VAC server, evidently something wasn't allowing me to connect, if I was smart I would have taken a screenshot of it to post here, has anyone had similiar problems, it went away after about an hour, I didn't mess with anything settings.

Comment

I've had really crappy fps issues past few weeks. I noticed something, the more ppl on the server the worse the fps gets. Like up to 4 people on a co map or something, i get 80-95 fps, 8 or more people and im down to 15-30. My ping is less than 100. VAC have anything to do with this? In over a year of playing this has only come up recently.
                    No matter how good an idea you think it is. If you tfac MS, your team will eject you, your clan will cut you, and your mom wont love you. - RouterBox's guide to commanding

Comment

I'm no expert, but I *think* VAC has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with fps performance decreasing when players increase. I say that because I vaugely remember a different variable that would be responsible for that...(Internet speed/videocard/physical mem/rates?).

But, I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                        I've had really crappy fps issues past few weeks. I noticed something, the more ppl on the server the worse the fps gets. Like up to 4 people on a co map or something, i get 80-95 fps, 8 or more people and im down to 15-30. My ping is less than 100. VAC have anything to do with this? In over a year of playing this has only come up recently.
                        If you are using the Omega drivers, you might start with jettisoning them into space. That helped me get rid of a lot of framerate issues in NS (and issues like these).

Comment

I still think that good admins are the best anti-cheat. While I like VAC2 and wouldn't take it off if not given reason, this would be a good enough reason for me. Put it back on when/if the problems are solved.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Zek, you were on the server this week, playing. How did you manage that?
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Zek, you were on the server this week, playing. How did you manage that?
                              I was at home on a laptop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X