starting spawn locations: ns2_summit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting spawn locations: ns2_summit

Please read the "mod: starting spawn locations" thread's opening post before posting in this thread.

The server is now enforcing cross spawns on ns2_summit (Crossroads is still no one's start location). Marines can start in Flight Control, Atrium, Data Core, or Sub Access, and Aliens will spawn directly across the map.

Do we want to keep this?

Does anyone have other ideas?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: starting spawn locations: ns2_summit

I think the most ideal spawn for marines is Sub, and aliens is Atrium. Both locations give each faction the best ability to defend their original spawn if down to one tech point. I'd whittle the list for available starts for marines to Sub and Flight while having aliens spawn directly across from them.

Comment

I agree mirage, but we play this map enough that I'd prefer a little bit of variety over the absolutely perfect scenario (meaning, allowing either team to start in any location). That said, cross spawns is definitely fantastic on this map.

Comment

This is the map that needs cross spawns the most:

Sub, Atrium (either team random)
        Datacore, Flight (either team random)

cross spawns enforced.
        Last edited by aeroripper; 12-10-2013, 10:26 AM.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Flight, Atrium? Those are close spawns?
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Whoops, I meant Sub, Atrium. Edited post to correct.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I agree with Retraced -- this map is played so very often, I'm content to deal with a possible "unfriendly" start, so long as it's a cross spawn, just so that we have slightly more variety in the games.
              Wyz and I discussed this yesterday with regard to Biodome - if Marines were to always start in Reception, and we wanted to eliminate close spawns, that left us with one, and only one, spawn pair -- Reception-Atmosphere -- which would get old very quickly. Hence, in the interest of increasing variety, we decided to leave it stock for the time being and ask how everyone felt about moving away from stock and allowing Marines to freely spawn elsewhere.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X