starting spawn locations: ns2_veil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting spawn locations: ns2_veil

Please read the "mod: starting spawn locations" thread's opening post before posting in this thread.

I've left Marines always in Control.

On the (shaky?) premise that Pipeline is bad for Aliens even still in Build 261, I've restricted Aliens to Sub-Sector and Cargo.

Do we want to keep this?

Do we want to let Aliens start in Control? If so, do we allow Marines to start in Pipeline?

Does anyone have other ideas?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: starting spawn locations: ns2_veil

I think it would be fun to have aliens start in Control but marines would have to start in Sub. Pipeline is not friendly to either faction as a start so I would leave marines to start in either Control or Sub while aliens would start in Control, Sub, or Cargo.

Comment

Honestly, I think a pipe start for aliens is fine (pretty good, even), but negative stigmas like that last for quite some time. I'm not attached to it enough to lobby to keep it though.

That said, Pipe is pretty bad for Marines, but control is bad for aliens as well. If Aliens were to start Control, I'd recommend forcing Marines to start pipe in that situation. Giving Marines easy access to double + one of the adjacent tech points is asking for trouble.

Comment

I wouldn't mind TRYING different marine starts for Veil, I've always been curious.

That said, I agree with Retraced. Pipeline is, to me, a very valid start now with the added path to nano. It's a bit more difficult for Marines to move out from, but if aliens start in Control, I think it might be an interesting start. My only concern is that nano is a place that aliens can establish themselves and marines can later retake with arcs. However, if marines get an early entrenchment there, it's very difficult to see aliens recovering it.

However, that's all just thought experiment. I'd love to TRY it one night in a controlled environment, if others would be willing to participate.

Comment

I'm up for trying marines in pipe/sub and aliens in control. Sounds fun.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I don't have any real opinion one way or the other about Pipe for Aliens, so I won't comment on that.

However, I did think about a Sub-Pipe spawn for fun, but agree with Retraced -- if you give Marines super easy access to Nano, it will be nigh-impossible for Aliens to push them out for most of the game. Their only hope is an early skulk rush, and then prevent them from walking back in, or wait until a big group of Onos and Gorges. Either way, reinforcement from Sub and Cargo will be well under half a minute.

Pipe might be sufficiently far away that it could maybe work as a Marine start, but I'm not sure.
            Perhaps Pipe-Sub and Pipe-Control would be interesting.

Comment

I'd like to try allowing aliens to start in control.

Comment

veils spawns are fine as is, pipeline is no longer a death trap now that it is easier to cyst to nano it is probably better than sub-sector now since it is harder for marines to pressure into pipe early.

aliens in control is not something I can agree with, will cause way too much confusion and anger from those who aren't following these threads.

Comment

It couldn't hurt to at least try it for a few days though, right?

Comment

I've returned ns2_veil starting spawns to stock. As of Build 261 (current build), that's (Marines, Aliens)

Control, Sub-Sector
                    Control, Cargo
                    Control, Pipeline

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      I've returned ns2_veil starting spawns to stock. As of Build 261 (current build), that's (Marines, Aliens)

Control, Sub-Sector
                      Control, Cargo
                      Control, Pipeline
                      Aww, I never got to try aliens in Control... we did try that, right?

Comment

We haven't tried that. Request it next time we're on the server together.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X