starting spawn locations: ns2_mineshaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting spawn locations: ns2_mineshaft

Please read the "mod: starting spawn locations" thread's opening post before posting in this thread.

I've not (yet?) modified starting spawn locations on ns2_mineshaft.

Build 261's stock ns2_mineshaft offers the following possible starting spawn location pairings (Marine, Alien):

Operations, Sorting
    Operations, Cave
    Repair, Sorting

Do we want to leave it alone?

Do we want to let anyone spawn in Deposit? Do we want to let Marines ever spawn in Cave? Or Sorting? If so, where might we have Aliens start?

Does anyone have other ideas?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: starting spawn locations: ns2_mineshaft

Leave it be.

Comment

Was the Repair - Cave start removed while I was away? I haven't had a chance to look over all of the changelogs. Other than that spawn (if it still exists), the others are fine.

Comment

Add Repair - Deposit start? Makes Cave a more default for Marines and Operations contested, changing the dynamic and allowing the southern side of the map to be a more dynamic battlefield. Thoughts?

Comment

Maybe. The issue I'd see with that is that it pretty much hands Central over to the aliens (in terms of both the cyst chain and running distance). Cave is a long walk from Repair, so Marines wouldn't really be getting any sort of equivalent advantage (as they do on Veil, where Aliens have a very tough time getting 3 hives)

Comment

Repair and Deposit starts could be interesting. I'd hafta play a round like this to be confident about it, though. That being said, this map doesn't have an issue with close spawns.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I thought Repair-Cave was still a stock start, but I guess it was removed at some point.
              I think we tested this a number of times, and that pair never came up.

I don't agree with Deposit being a start though -- as said, it gives far too easy access to Central, and it's only a stone's throw away from Sorting TP, making it an extremely powerful start.
              I think the status quo on the map works fine, but then again I hate playing this map anyway as it has far too many issues IMO. I would probably go as far as to say make Sorting the only Alien start, since Cave sucks to start at, but that would be removing variety.

Comment

If repair-cave start is gone then I say leave it as is.

Comment

There's probably a reason if valid spawn options like Repair/Deposit were removed, I wouldn't mess with spawns except to remove combinations that people don't like.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X