starting spawn locations: ns2_biodome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting spawn locations: ns2_biodome

Please read the "mod: starting spawn locations" thread's opening post before posting in this thread.

I've not (yet?) modified starting spawn locations on ns2_biodome.

Build 261's stock ns2_biodome offers the following possible starting spawn location pairings (Marine, Alien):

Reception, Platform
    Reception, Atmosphere Exchange
    Reception, Hydroponics

Do we want to leave it alone?

Shall we let both teams spawn in any of the (four - see above) perimeter locations, while enforcing cross spawns (please say yes!!)?

Does anyone have other ideas?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: starting spawn locations: ns2_biodome

Let either faction start at any of the four and enforce cross spawn.

Comment

I'd like to add Platform - Hydro dynamic, but not marines in Atmospheric. Marines can access Flow a little too easily in my opinion, and Hydro is quite Arc-friendly with marines holding Atmos/Agri Labs. However, I'm more than willing to try it!

Comment

Keep the default spawns, and add platform, hydro for either team to randomly start as well.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I honestly have not played this map enough to say one way or another which starts are friendlier for one team over the other.
          I would say just allow Marines to spawn in extra locations, and enforce cross-spawns. If not Atmosphere, that's still at least 2 more locations for Marines to spawn in.

Comment

It's a shame this map doesn't get more playtime since I think the map is pretty good. I think the decreased performance keeps a lot of people away from it still. We should almost just run the NSL version of it ;-D
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I've added these starting spawns to ns2_biodome in addition to its stock offering (Marines, Aliens):

Hydroponics, Platform
              Platform, Hydroponics

Please provide feedback.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

After hearing many people receive negatively the Marine Hydro spawn, I've removed (Marines, Aliens):

Hydroponics, Platform

Such that only the following starting spawn locations remain (Marines, Aliens):

Reception, Platform
                Reception, Atmosphere Exchange
                Reception, Hydroponics
                Platform, Hydroponics

Feedback welcome.

Comment

We played two games on biodome today.

Reception, Platform
                  and
                  Platform, Hydroponics

I was comming the Platform team both times.

It was great to not have cross spawns for once as an alien, it gave me a different way to look at the map.
                  The platform start is also really strong for Marines I think. We got a gate at the room to the east of Reception (the room between Reception and the RT east of it), and then another one in Falls. Once we finally got the gate in Falls, we were easily holding 4 or 5 nodes while being in position to easily harass two or three of theirs.
                  remi.D

Comment

I've reverted this map to stock spawns. Marines spawning in Platform proved too many times imbalanced.

Comment

Does stock spawning still allow aliens to spawn in any of the 3 other tech points besides reception?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

In stock 268 ns2_biodome, can Marines spawn Atmos?

If not, do we want to customize our spawns such that they can (which would force Aliens to spawn in Reception)?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                            In stock 268 ns2_biodome, can Marines spawn Atmos?

If not, do we want to customize our spawns such that they can (which would force Aliens to spawn in Reception)?
                            I think that'd be pretty interesting.

Comment

Pretty sure in stock it is only marines in reception, aliens in atmos. I believe it has been playtested a whole ton (TGNS included), and that any other arrangement has had balance issues. I don't mind trying it once for the novelty of it, but I'm not expecting it to work very well.
                              remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X